There are 318 users in the forums

Congratz zeig

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm predicitng Zig will be our 3rd wr by seasons end. The guy has proven himself with dedication and has won the trust of the qbs.. Can't wait to watch this guy blossom into a legit WR.

Problem is - that leaves the 9ers without a burner at WR. OTOH - Ginn has shown nothing so far.

Williams?

There is a whole lot more to playing WR than just raw speed. Plenty of track stars have tried to play WR and gone nowhere. It's a position which is 70% technique, 30% skill.

True, up to a point. However, you still need one WR who has speed to spread the field. Recall the Nowin years to see what happens to an offense when no WR can run.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I'm predicitng Zig will be our 3rd wr by seasons end. The guy has proven himself with dedication and has won the trust of the qbs.. Can't wait to watch this guy blossom into a legit WR.

Problem is - that leaves the 9ers without a burner at WR. OTOH - Ginn has shown nothing so far.

Williams?

There is a whole lot more to playing WR than just raw speed. Plenty of track stars have tried to play WR and gone nowhere. It's a position which is 70% technique, 30% skill.

True, up to a point. However, you still need one WR who has speed to spread the field. Recall the Nowin years to see what happens to an offense when no WR can run.

Jerry Rice was 100% skill, 100% technique, thats why he's 200% better than any other.

He won't have 10 catches this year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
For what? For being a sucky WR that shouldn't be on an NFL roster?

Just to be fair let see what he gots before writting him off

He's got nothing. And he wouldn't make the team in 31 other places. After Crabtree there is a huge dropoff in talent on this team at WR. We could use a legit #2 and #3.

What you just described is the situation for more than half the league. Great WR's don't grow on trees. The guy you're s**tting on is last on the depth chart on an NFL roster. He is exactly what he is.

He's practice squad / training camp fodder. He doesn't belong on this team...

Just another point to prove you wrong of!!! I cant wait!

at your pessimism.
Thanks for the support

The day I started my first game in AZ and caught my first pass , I knew my fortune would change.

I look forward in playing my butt off for u guys and the team ... Go Niners
Congrats for what? He is on the team for depth. He isn't going to see more than 10 plays this season if things go as planned.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Congrats for what?

Well for starters, not quitting...upping his game, and making the final squad

...He isn't going to see more than 10 plays this season if things go as planned.

That's just it, when do things in the NFL, go as planned ?
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Sep 4, 2010 at 5:44 PM ]
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Congrats for what?

...He isn't going to see more than 10 plays this season if things go as planned.

He stepped up against back ups, and what does he win? A back up role......way to go!

I like the guy, and think he is a good 5th option, but to really celebrate the fact that he made the team, I don't see the point of it. There is always competition between the 5th/6th/7th WR.

Hopefully he shows up on Special Teams Because that's his consultation prize, that is if he makes the 45 guys that are up on game day.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Congrats for what?

He stepped up against back ups, and what does he win? A back up role......way to go!

I like the guy, and think he is a good 5th option, but to really celebrate the fact that he made the team, I don't see the point of it. There is always competition between the 5th/6th/7th WR.

Hopefully he shows up on Special Teams Because that's his consultation prize, that is if he makes the 45 guys that are up on game day.

Eh, maybe not to you. But after spending the last two seasons on PS, I bet Zieg himself is stoked.

-9fA
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
2 years ago when I worked the niners sideline for the preseason game in oakland, all I remember is Sullivan ripping Z a new A-hole for doing nothing but f**king everything up the entire game. He sure has come a long way since then.

That's bad ass Stoney! You only did this once or what?

For what? For being a sucky WR that shouldn't be on an NFL roster?

arent you a bundle of joy lol
Share 49ersWebzone