Congratz zeig

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
For what? For being a sucky WR that shouldn't be on an NFL roster?

Just to be fair let see what he gots before writting him off

He's got nothing. And he wouldn't make the team in 31 other places. After Crabtree there is a huge dropoff in talent on this team at WR. We could use a legit #2 and #3.

What you just described is the situation for more than half the league. Great WR's don't grow on trees. The guy you're s**tting on is last on the depth chart on an NFL roster. He is exactly what he is.

He's practice squad / training camp fodder. He doesn't belong on this team...

says the guy who predicted we would finish 1-15 a couple years back....

move along now son

enough said

He's got nothing. And he wouldn't make the team in 31 other places. After Crabtree there is a huge dropoff in talent on this team at WR. We could use a legit #2 and #3.

What you just described is the situation for more than half the league. Great WR's don't grow on trees. The guy you're s**tting on is last on the depth chart on an NFL roster. He is exactly what he is.

what's it like to know everything and nothing.

Oops! You're wrong
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Oops! You're wrong

Nope. sing is wrong.

He's our #5 WR.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
This guy has worked his butt of to become a decent recieving target. Although I really liked Jason Hill, Zeigy clearly out played him in the pre season.
Congratz Ziggy ...... Ziggy you won over Sullivan and Singletary and the QB's , now win over the fan base with some great catches during the games.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

He's our #5 WR.

maiocco said zieg is our #4 and kyle williams is #5
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

He's our #5 WR.

maiocco said zieg is our #4 and kyle williams is #5

I like that better. I'm just saying it's dumb for SD to be saying that Zieg sucks when it's not like we're expecting him to be our #1 WR.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Should be exciting this year.

#1 Crabs
#2 Morgan
#3 Ginn
#4 Ziggy
#5 Williams

I'm predicitng Zig will be our 3rd wr by seasons end. The guy has proven himself with dedication and has won the trust of the qbs.. Can't wait to watch this guy blossom into a legit WR.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm predicitng Zig will be our 3rd wr by seasons end. The guy has proven himself with dedication and has won the trust of the qbs.. Can't wait to watch this guy blossom into a legit WR.

It took him three years to translate his practice play a preseason game. Lets hope it doesn't take another three years to translate that to a regular season game.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jays9ers:

It took him three years to translate his practice play a preseason game. Lets hope it doesn't take another three years to translate that to a regular season game.

Well given how rarely we line up in 4WR sets and that we have Delanie, VD, and now Westbrook who are all capable of splitting out wide, it may not translate to the regular season due to lack of opportunity not ability. Ginn might fall flat on his face opening a spot on the field for Ziegler, but for the sake of our offense I hope he proves to be a reliable deep threat. *Crosses Fingers*
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
2 years ago when I worked the niners sideline for the preseason game in oakland, all I remember is Sullivan ripping Z a new A-hole for doing nothing but f**king everything up the entire game. He sure has come a long way since then.

when Martz was OC, I read something that either he or Sullivan (or maybe both) would always tell players to catch or run routes like Zeigler would.... to watch him play if they wanted to learn. I can't remember the exact context, but it was something very close to that. He was a role model in some way back then, evidently.
Originally posted by Shaj:
2 years ago when I worked the niners sideline for the preseason game in oakland, all I remember is Sullivan ripping Z a new A-hole for doing nothing but f**king everything up the entire game. He sure has come a long way since then.

when Martz was OC, I read something that either he or Sullivan (or maybe both) would always tell players to catch or run routes like Zeigler would.... to watch him play if they wanted to learn. I can't remember the exact context, but it was something very close to that. He was a role model in some way back then, evidently.

I remember what your talking about. I don't know who it was either but they told players if the want to learn to run routs watch Ziegler.
Share 49ersWebzone