There are 179 users in the forums

AD(Dixon)is something really special, but...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I was envious when 2-3 yrs back the NYG drafted that big RB(Bradford??), 250 lb, could run thru brick walls and had great moves, not to mention speed. I have longed for that type guy ever since. Well, we did the "Gigants" one better. We got a rook, who is same size, runs like a bull, but also is graceful and can turn on a dime, with moves most RBs only dream of. He just reminds me of a young Barry Sanders, Walter payton, et al, but about 30-35 lbs heavier. We all saw it, that 40+ yd TD run , thru , over, and around a SD D that got faked out of their jocks, or got busted in the chops, and then couldn't catch him. I know, i know it is only preseason, but AD is truly something very EXTRA-ordinary. Compliment that with poti, staley, and the other AD, and we are gonna have a running game that will turn some heads.

Notice to bigmike. Please do not advertise that we are gonna ram it down their throats, or you will end up playing against 8,9 , 10 man lines and we will get our collective azzes kicked. Let the O go, give alex the reigns, get the dam plays in as soon as the last play was over, and watch a very balanced passing game make our running game one of best in nfl. Bigmike, you, BAalke, and jimmyray have done a superlative job with drafting, trading, and team making. Your game calling has been superb, and our NT, VD, frank, and craps haven't even stepped foot on field yet(ok, frank got a handful of plays). We could be special. Quickest way to destroy what you have built is to play conservative, play off WRs, and call vanilla O calls. If you can just study the 4 games of preseason and follow the positives from there, you are going to be a step or two from greatness. Go wobbly on us and we are a great 8-8 team.

As for AD, my only concern is his MCL, ACL, and medial meniscus. When that much mass goes that fast and turns that quickly, the limits of the MCL, ACL and med meniscus are being pushed beyond their normal limits....just food for thot.

Not sure who you're talking about. Jacobs? He was the last big back they drafted.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM ]
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by znk916:
BIG DIX not AD

No AD=ALL DAY=Anthony Davis. Big Dix sounds gay.

You don't like Big Dix? Haven't you seen him giving the stiff one to DBs?!

I just hope he doesn't run into VD and catch a case of Crabs.

what a nasty offense, pounding away with BIG DIX, unleashing airborne diseases, what else am I missing???
Originally posted by valrod33:
He just reminds me of a young Barry Sanders, Walter payton,

Not even close.

He looks solid, lets leave it at that

Exactly... it's important to stay sane when talking about our players.
How in the world does Dixon remind you of Barry Sanders?
OTC, thanks, and yes, it was Brandon Jacobs. As i recall, he later got slowed by an knee injury, but i will have to research that. Appreciate the correction for an older, slowed mind.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He just reminds me of a young Barry Sanders, Walter payton,

Not even close.

He looks solid, lets leave it at that

Exactly... it's important to stay sane when talking about our players.

he's nothing like those guys, he reminds me of Jim Brown because of his size and skill

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by defenderDX:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS? SANTA CLAUSE?
  • Mex49
BIG DIX not AD

dont you love it when he penetrates with a powerful thrust and scores?

Ant wait until they have to say it on Monday night
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Mex49:
BIG DIX not AD

Cant wait until they have to say it on Monday night

BIG DIX not AD

very exciting when he made went backdoor through a tight hole, burst through and ripped it wide open and then pounded it home for a 46 yard td

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a3c76e
BIG DIX not AD

very exciting when he made went backdoor through a tight hole, burst through and ripped it wide open and then pounded it home for a 46 yard td

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a3c76e

hahah oh jeeze
I think the better comparison for Dixon is Kevan Barlow: a big, talented back with good vision who dances entirely too much and doesn't hit the hole hard enough.

Luckily, he's young, and he still has time to correct this (as Barlow never did). He might be a good backup RB in the future.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
I think the better comparison for Dixon is Kevan Barlow: a big, talented back with good vision who dances entirely too much and doesn't hit the hole hard enough.

Luckily, he's young, and he still has time to correct this (as Barlow never did). He might be a good backup RB in the future.

I think he runs and is built more like Michael Turner. Hopefully we can slowly develop him like San Diego did with Turner and have either a nice trading piece or successor to Gore on our hands.
Popeye, i hate to disagree, but this kid is a 250 lb ball of speed, agility, moves that a 200 lb RB could have, plus he is a bull. The last person he reminds me of is Barlow. Altho i messed up the name, Brandon Jacobs in his first yr with NYG is the guy he most reminds me of. His incredibly quick move, a shake and bake on the SD LB literally fooled the defender out of his jock strap. For a guy that big to make a move like that is a thing of beauty... and it is rare. Jim Brown was mentioned, and i tend to agree with that comparison most.
Share 49ersWebzone