LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Todd Haley: "Frank Gore is one of the beasts of all beasts"
So I wonder... is Joe Montana gonna go down to KC this week and offer a motivational speech to one of his former employers' team?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by jrg:
"We will win this game (vs the KC Chiefs). We have the team to do it. We’ve just got to get rid of all the mistakes. Without the mistakes, there’s no telling where we can go. There’s no limit." - 49ers TE Vernon Davis

our backs are officially up against the wall now. We HAVE to win.

I agree. I don't remember a time when someone predicted a win and actually won a game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
"We will win this game (vs the KC Chiefs). We have the team to do it. We’ve just got to get rid of all the mistakes. Without the mistakes, there’s no telling where we can go. There’s no limit." - 49ers TE Vernon Davis

I agree. I don't remember a time when someone predicted a win and actually won a game.

*feels dirty posting this pic*

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

*feels dirty posting this pic*

I meant on the 9ers.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Vernon Davis is talking again

"We have to win this one. We will win this one," Davis said. "I’m pretty confident that we will pull this one out."

Asked to clarify whether he was guaranteeing a win at Arrowhead Stadium, Davis said:

"We will win this game. We have the team to do it. We’ve just got to get rid of all the mistakes. Without the mistakes, there’s no telling where we can go. There’s no limit."

Good stuff to hear, now let's get this done!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Chefs have won 7 straight home games vs. 49ers, the time to win is now.
Oooooooh this could be a huge loss for KC again this week:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5222

Quote:
Chiefs DE Tyson Jackson (knee) is still walking with a "noticeable" limp around team headquarters.

Jackson missed practice Wednesday and appears unlikely to play Sunday against the 49ers.

Tyson was one of the key players that kept them in the Chargers game 2 week ago (and their defense struggled against the lowly Browns without him).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 22, 2010 at 9:37 PM ]
^they only gave up 299 yards to the Browns.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
^they only gave up 299 yards to the Browns.

browns suck and they didnt have dellhome starting dellhome may turn the ball over a lot but he gets a lot of yds

i personally think the biggest key will be oline. they played well vs saints but they didn't come full guns. but i fully expect kc at home to bring major pressure to rattle smith similar to sea...will be a true test to this re-worked line. without a line, then u know the drill - no alex, no passes, stacked the box and no gore. the line has got to maintain mistake-free discipline.
Originally posted by craigyboy:
i personally think the biggest key will be oline. they played well vs saints but they didn't come full guns. but i fully expect kc at home to bring major pressure to rattle smith similar to sea...will be a true test to this re-worked line. without a line, then u know the drill - no alex, no passes, stacked the box and no gore. the line has got to maintain mistake-free discipline.

Mistakes will happen, and they will happen for the Chiefs too. But at the end of the day, we have a better defense and a better offense than them and a only a multi-turnover game would beat us.

Originally posted by PTulini:

Somewhat off-topic, but fast forward to 2-minutes into the video.

Notice that when Alex Smith scrambles toward the sideline, not only does he switch the ball to his outside hand (basic fundamentals to decrease the likelihood of a fumble), but prior to stepping out of bounds, he then switches the ball back to his inside hand, which maximizes the yardage gained -- albeit a few feet, but as we all know, football is a game of inches.

Just thought that was pretty sound of him considering the pressure of the situation.

Unless, of course, it was done on accident. haha
Share 49ersWebzone