Mike Iupati vs. Tyson Jackson
Derrick Johnson vs. Frank Gore
Brandon Flowers vs. Michael Crabtree
Nate Clements/T. Brown vs. Dwayne Boye
S. Spencer vs. Chris Chambers
Vernon Davis vs. Eric Berry
Jamaal Charles vs. Patrick Willis
Branden Albert vs. Ahmad Brooks

Iupati will EAT Tyson Jackson for lunch.

Brooks should beat Albert most times.

Gore will break at least two D Johnsons "tackles attempts".

Our WRs could have a tough time getting open against KCs two corners.

It'd be nice to have Ginn back for this game, but VD will be the one to open us up and test E Berry's coverage skills. I expect a couple of HUGE plays from VD this week.

If they get J Charles into space, we could have some problems.

I hope the Niners don't actually punt to McCluster or Areanes.

I believe Tyson Jackson is out for this game with a leg injury.

Tamba Hali may be out as well.

D Johnson is a beast. He was mainly a dissapointment up to the end of last year, but this year he is everywhere. I like gore too but this guy is good.
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows
It's rookie week for the 49ers -- Bowman expecting to start; A. Davis gets big praise from Singletary ... http://tinyurl.com/27fbqyw

Considering they have 0 passing game this should limit him as a liability.

Why? He is faster and better in coverage than Spikes.

He is certainly faster, but his knowledge of the defense certainly isn't better than Spikes. Being in the right place at the right time can make up for a slight lack of speed. That said, Bowman looks good out there so I think this is a good idea and was inevitable.

I don't think we need to worry about his knowledge of the defense. I would be more concerned about his game film prep of the Chiefs' offense. Spikes was very studied in the opposition more than anyone.

Quote:
Spikes suffered a bruised knee in Monday's loss to the Saints and didn't play the second half. He was replaced by the team's only back-up at inside linebacker, rookie NaVorro Bowman, who played well and finished with five tackles. Bowman said today he figured he would make his first start this week in Kansas City.
If he does, the guy playing next to him on the field said he'll have no worries. "He came out there and he had everything down like he was supposed to," Patrick Willis said of Bowman's Monday night performance. "And that's what a pro does. When his number's called, he comes in and is ready to go. And he was."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/bowman-expectin.html#ixzz10I7xfFNK
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im excited for Bowman but now we are super thin at ILB

We are but at any moment, Brooks can play ILB too. This allows us to have much more speed down hill and sideline to sideline and perhaps, focus more on an outside rush. Bowman seems hungry and has some wheels and he's a good tackler. I wonder if Manusky plans on uisng him as a "defensive fullback" too?

We'll need Bowman's speed if the Chiefs plan to get J Charles into space.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good experience for Bowman. Watch out, Takeo you might not get your job back if your out for too long.
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im excited for Bowman but now we are super thin at ILB

We are but at any moment, Brooks can play ILB too. This allows us to have much more speed down hill and sideline to sideline and perhaps, focus more on an outside rush. Bowman seems hungry and has some wheels and he's a good tackler. I wonder if Manusky plans on uisng him as a "defensive fullback" too?

We'll need Bowman's speed if the Chiefs plan to get J Charles into space.

I'm rootin for Bowman, I think he might be a STUD next to Willis and I hope he proves me right!
Originally posted by mayo63:
Good experience for Bowman. Watch out, Takeo you might not get your job back if your out for too long.

If Bowman excels and Spikes comes back, we should go with a 3-5 defense.

Man, this draft keeps getting better.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
"We will win this game (vs the KC Chiefs). We have the team to do it. We’ve just got to get rid of all the mistakes. Without the mistakes, there’s no telling where we can go. There’s no limit." - 49ers TE Vernon Davis
Originally posted by jrg:
"We will win this game (vs the KC Chiefs). We have the team to do it. We’ve just got to get rid of all the mistakes. Without the mistakes, there’s no telling where we can go. There’s no limit." - 49ers TE Vernon Davis

our backs are officially up against the wall now. We HAVE to win.
I'd love to see more play-action. The Chiefs will bite HARD on that.

Cassel Sucks
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by jrg:

our backs are officially up against the wall now. We HAVE to win.

I can't wait.
It's going to be very interesting to see how the Chiefs use this guy on offense, this dude is dynamic and is a potential mis-match. He's already a threat in the return game and I hope Andy Lee can kick away from this guy. Seems like plenty here in NT think 49ers will walk over the Chiefs, but if this guy breaks one in the return game like he did vs the Chargers, it will change the game.

WR Dexter McCluster
Looking to add some playmaking ability to the offense, the Chiefs used their second-round pick in the 2010 draft on McCluster. He will shift to the slotback position after playing running back in college. However, the Chiefs will use him in a variety of roles with off-season reports indicating he is running the Wildcat in OTA’s. At 5’9” and 172 pounds, McCluster has good short area quickness and the ability to make tacklers miss in space but he timed out at 4.58 in the 40 at the combine and there was some surprise when the Chiefs took him with the 36th pick overall. He figures to get plenty of touches during his rookie season and it will be interesting to see how he handles the workload given his size.
Originally posted by verb1der:
It's going to be very interesting to see how the Chiefs use this guy on offense, this dude is dynamic and is a potential mis-match. He's already a threat in the return game and I hope Andy Lee can kick away from this guy. Seems like plenty here in NT think 49ers will walk over the Chiefs, but if this guy breaks one in the return game like he did vs the Chargers, it will change the game.

WR Dexter McCluster
Looking to add some playmaking ability to the offense, the Chiefs used their second-round pick in the 2010 draft on McCluster. He will shift to the slotback position after playing running back in college. However, the Chiefs will use him in a variety of roles with off-season reports indicating he is running the Wildcat in OTA’s. At 5’9” and 172 pounds, McCluster has good short area quickness and the ability to make tacklers miss in space but he timed out at 4.58 in the 40 at the combine and there was some surprise when the Chiefs took him with the 36th pick overall. He figures to get plenty of touches during his rookie season and it will be interesting to see how he handles the workload given his size.

How in the hell will Andy Lee pad his tackle stats if he kicks it away from McClusters.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Arrowhead is a very loud outdoor venue.

Some key match-ups:
Joe Staley vs. Tamba Hali
Anthony Davis vs. Mike Vrabel
Mike Iupati vs. Tyson Jackson
Derrick Johnson vs. Frank Gore
Brandon Flowers vs. Michael Crabtree
Nate Clements/T. Brown vs. Dwayne Boye
S. Spencer vs. Chris Chambers
Vernon Davis vs. Eric Berry
Jamaal Charles vs. Patrick Willis
Branden Albert vs. Ahmad Brooks

Iupati will EAT Tyson Jackson for lunch.

Brooks should beat Albert most times.

Gore will break at least two D Johnsons "tackles attempts".

Our WRs could have a tough time getting open against KCs two corners.

It'd be nice to have Ginn back for this game, but VD will be the one to open us up and test E Berry's coverage skills. I expect a couple of HUGE plays from VD this week.

If they get J Charles into space, we could have some problems.

I hope the Niners don't actually punt to McCluster or Areanes.

I believe Tyson Jackson is out for this game with a leg injury.

Tamba Hali may be out as well.

D Johnson is a beast. He was mainly a dissapointment up to the end of last year, but this year he is everywhere. I like gore too but this guy is good.

He always takes a game off here or there... besides Gore always breaks a tackle or two, so it will probably be D Johnson, their best LB.
Share 49ersWebzone