LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by UKNiner:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
We left them too much time, we should have run the clock down further.

Maybe so, but I have to admit I was stunned that the 49ers were able to drive down and tie the game in crunch time.

Yeah me too. But you HAVE to score when you get the chance. This leaving too much time is BS.

No it isn't. You kill the clock and leave them with no time. Either you tie the game and go into overtime or the game is over.

SO did you want Gore to just stop? And what if we don't punch it in? How DUMB would that be? Come on....

It's funny....your use of the word DUMB....when it's patently clear how little you understand the game and fail to view it holistically.

The Niners moved the ball, but they failed to bleed the clock. They scored in about 0:56 of real game time....they had over an extra minute of game clock to burn. That's a mistake.

And tell me this, how would you go about running time down? Tell Gore to stop? What if we can't punch it in then? Like what happened multiple times in Seattle? Remember against the Cardinals in 2008 on MNF? Jesus too many examples of how wrong you are.

LOL exactly, dude is talking out of his ass haha

1. Why are you personally attacking me?

2. Gore doesn't need to stop. He needs to not run out of bounds....he needs to stay in bounds until he is tackled. The clock will keep running. Same with Smith....instead of running OOB, do a slide.

They played the game well....but didn't think it well.

Sorry man but I don't think there's a WR or RB in the NFL who doesn't go out of bounds exactly like Gore did in that instance. Not having a go at you though.

It's funny, I remember Hearst doing it once years ago....thought it was a heads up play. He could have gone OOB, and his momentum was carrying him out too....but he basically fell on purpose to stay inbounds in the closing minute of a Niner drive. The clock kept bleeding. It was against the Saints too....we won, of course.
Originally posted by UKNiner:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
We left them too much time, we should have run the clock down further.

Maybe so, but I have to admit I was stunned that the 49ers were able to drive down and tie the game in crunch time.

Yeah me too. But you HAVE to score when you get the chance. This leaving too much time is BS.

No it isn't. You kill the clock and leave them with no time. Either you tie the game and go into overtime or the game is over.

SO did you want Gore to just stop? And what if we don't punch it in? How DUMB would that be? Come on....

It's funny....your use of the word DUMB....when it's patently clear how little you understand the game and fail to view it holistically.

The Niners moved the ball, but they failed to bleed the clock. They scored in about 0:56 of real game time....they had over an extra minute of game clock to burn. That's a mistake.

And tell me this, how would you go about running time down? Tell Gore to stop? What if we can't punch it in then? Like what happened multiple times in Seattle? Remember against the Cardinals in 2008 on MNF? Jesus too many examples of how wrong you are.

LOL exactly, dude is talking out of his ass haha

2. Gore doesn't need to stop. He needs to not run out of bounds....he needs to stay in bounds until he is tackled. The clock will keep running. Same with Smith....instead of running OOB, do a slide.

Sorry man but I don't think there's a WR or RB in the NFL who doesn't go out of bounds exactly like Gore did in that instance. Not having a go at you though.

It's funny, I remember Hearst doing it once years ago....thought it was a heads up play. He could have gone OOB, and his momentum was carrying him out too....but he basically fell on purpose to stay inbounds in the closing minute of a Niner drive. The clock kept bleeding. It was against the Saints too....we won, of course.

Uh no. You score when you get the opportunity. The defense should of held Brees. That's on them. We also shouldn't of had a f**king snap over the head to cost us two points, or two turnovers very near or in the red zone, or fumbled punt for no reason. We should of handled them. I wanted the win and you could tell the players wanted it to. They have to learn to how hold on to the ball. We killed ourselves. On to next weeks game. We shouldn't of lost but we did. We're only one game back. We can still recover if we hold onto the ball and play with that same intensity next week. Only time will tell if these players can correct these mistakes.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

This is your opinion, not a fact. Your strategy could have backfired as well. There are risks in either choice.

Explain how the strategy could have backfired?

The point was to use as much of regulation as possible and tie the score. How could have staying inbounds on a couple of plays hurt our ability to move the ball on the drive? We didn't have problems moving the ball, and we did score....would it have mattered 40 extra seconds went off the clock?
these fools were talking crap about 49ers getting raped in seattle, but in the end they picked us against over saints http://www.smftalk.com/
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Uh no. You score when you get the opportunity. The defense should of held Brees. That's on them. We also shouldn't of had a f**king snap over the head to cost us two points, or two turnovers very near or in the red zone, or fumbled punt for no reason. We should of handled them. I wanted the win and you could tell the players wanted it to. They have to learn to how hold on to the ball. We killed ourselves. On to next weeks game. We shouldn't of lost but we did. We're only one game back. We can still recover if we hold onto the ball and play with that same intensity next week. Only time will tell if these players can correct these mistakes.

LMAO....is there a reading comprehension deficiency on this forum?

While it's a nice thought that the defense should have held the SB champ offense from a game winning field goal, it was a risky gamble with that much time left on the clock. It's a gamble that failed.

All we had to do was execute our two minute drill a bit more patiently....and use up more clock in the process. Again if Gore breaks off a huge TD run, there's nothing you can do about it. But when you are chewing up 10 yards a play, and you have a choice between staying inbounds or going out of bounds with over 1:30-1:50 on the clock. You stay in bounds.....because you are already in a hurry up and you just got a first down.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Explain how the strategy could have backfired?

The point was to use as much of regulation as possible and tie the score. How could have staying inbounds on a couple of plays hurt our ability to move the ball on the drive? We didn't have problems moving the ball, and we did score....would it have mattered 40 extra seconds went off the clock?

There are many ways... Smith gets sacked and time runs out. Communication problem bleeds too much clock. What if Gore gets tackled an inch shy of the goal-line with only a few seconds left? You need that time in case of mistakes. If we had any time-outs, I might agree with you.

Instead, they decided to put the game in the hands of our very capable defense... the defense failed. This was not a strategy problem, it was an execution problem.
Originally posted by Ajanke:

LMAO....is there a reading comprehension deficiency on this forum?

While it's a nice thought that the defense should have held the SB champ offense from a game winning field goal, it was a risky gamble with that much time left on the clock. It's a gamble that failed.

All we had to do was execute our two minute drill a bit more patiently....and use up more clock in the process. Again if Gore breaks off a huge TD run, there's nothing you can do about it. But when you are chewing up 10 yards a play, and you have a choice between staying inbounds or going out of bounds with over 1:30-1:50 on the clock. You stay in bounds.....because you are already in a hurry up and you just got a first down.

Calm down kimosabi and quit being hostile towards me. Everyone with a brain knows that if this offense has a chance to score you take it. End of story.

You can state your opinion in a thousand ways not everyone is going to agree with you. Our offense doesn't have the ability to CHOOSE when we can score. I'd trust our defense any day over our offense. There isn't any reason to state that I have a "reading comprehension issue". No wonder people come in here and personally attack you. You're so passive agressive chill the f**k out.
it wasnt that we left 1:19 to go that lost us the game, it was the stupidness of the team that did
if the falcons go to saints and beat them, they will have to return the favor...

thanks to us, saints are banged-up!

kardashian's bush and that gaye dude got touched up!

there were a few other saints that looked like they were trying to fight off pain/exhaustion, also.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
it wasnt that we left 1:19 to go that lost us the game, it was the stupidness of the team that did

yup.

after all our stupid moves, they only beat us by 3 measley points. we should've slaughtered them!

Yessir.
Originally posted by seeking6th:
if the falcons go to saints and beat them, they will have to return the favor...

there were a few other saints that looked like they were trying to fight off pain/exhaustion, also.

kim is sucking miles austin's d**k now
Now, let's build on this.
they had no timeouts thats why they were going out of bounds, stopping the clock allowed the team to huddle up again to swap out personnel and what have you. That increases their chance to score which is their only objective. they had to score and they did. The D had to stop the Saints and they didn't.
Originally posted by seeking6th:

kim is sucking miles austin's d**k now

i know, i was gonna put"kardashian's ex-bush" but it just sounds better without the ex in it

she should've stayed with saints/bush, cowboys are cursed.
Share 49ersWebzone