LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
We left them too much time, we should have run the clock down further.

Maybe so, but I have to admit I was stunned that the 49ers were able to drive down and tie the game in crunch time.

Yeah me too. But you HAVE to score when you get the chance. This leaving too much time is BS.

No it isn't. You kill the clock and leave them with no time. Either you tie the game and go into overtime or the game is over.

SO did you want Gore to just stop? And what if we don't punch it in? How DUMB would that be? Come on....
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by SFBlue:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Not a bad loss, just a disappointing loss.

I think the 49ers are a lot better than what they showed in Seattle, and they will take this division.

nah....this was an adrenaline game. monday night....retiring rice's number...the sad part is that we still came up short despite the "boost". we'll be back to normal ways come next week.

You need to learn to have a little faith. Also was the "boost" so great that we were "supposed" to beat the sb champs?? Vegas had us as big 'dogs despite the factors you mention. Alex and the offense made huge strides tonight against a tough defense. The defense played pretty lights out for most the game against Brees air attack.

We make adjustments against the screens, and limit the turnovers we win this game.

I dont use Vegas odds to deem the "power" of one team over another. The defense did play well, but again......Monday night PLUS Rice retiring PLUS swirling winds did help.

I just think the week 1 Niners are a better reflection of our team than week 2 Niners.

Yeah, and I think your a dick. A little dick at that. loser.

ban

Because you e-thugs think you're so cool with your intentional baiting and thousands of worthless posts.

Go outside.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Alex played arguably his best game as a pro, but his receivers repeatedly screwed things up for him, with drops and fumbles. His line was so-so, with Baas starting it all off with that epic 12 foot snap over the head into the end zone....kudos to Alex for tipping it out.

The 2:00 minute drill was great, but again they were n00bs and didn't bleed enough time off the clock. Why did they keep going out of bounds and stopping the clock? They left too much time for Brees.

If you didn't notice, the offense ran pretty well with Alex calling the plays....not a surprise.

The defense played hard and were true stalwarts...but when it came down to it, Brees burned Goldson for the long completion.

Turnovers really did them in....Saints played like crap, but our turnovers gave the game right back to them.

So dumb. You know Montana left Dallas 57 seconds after 'The Catch' When you have a chance to score. You do it.

LMAO....dumb is not knowing how to manage a game clock. The Niners could have engineered their last drive to bleed off basically all the time in regulation. They had numerous chances to stay inbounds and keep the clock moving while staying in their hurryup.

Watch this video. See how much time Montana leaves the Lions. I guess he is dumb and a noob too?

Are you seriously comparing Montana to Smith? What, you think Montana didn't make mistakes? A mistake is a mistake.....Montana's mistake doesn't justify Smith's mistake.

Wasn't just Smith....it was Gore too.....ran out of bounds to stop the clock when he could have stayed in bounds and kept the clock running. Davis too...dropping a pass that he had in his hands because he was too scared of the hit that was coming.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We were blitzing on the Saint final drive. I didnt see any vanilla prevent defense
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Cut Delanie Walker

wont go that far, hes a nice weapon and mismatch. but an air head

So true! It seems like every game, he will pull off atleast one bonehead play. But, it's not like he was the only guy to turn the ball over tonight. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to see what 49er team shows up next week.
Alex played arguably his best game as a pro, but his receivers repeatedly screwed things up for him, with drops and fumbles. His line was so-so, with Baas starting it all off with that epic 12 foot snap over the head into the end zone....kudos to Alex for tipping it out.

The 2:00 minute drill was great, but again they were n00bs and didn't bleed enough time off the clock. Why did they keep going out of bounds and stopping the clock? They left too much time for Brees.

If you didn't notice, the offense ran pretty well with Alex calling the plays....not a surprise.

The defense played hard and were true stalwarts...but when it came down to it, Brees burned Goldson for the long completion.

Turnovers really did them in....Saints played like crap, but our turnovers gave the game right back to them.

So dumb. You know Montana left Dallas 57 seconds after 'The Catch' When you have a chance to score. You do it.

LMAO....dumb is not knowing how to manage a game clock. The Niners could have engineered their last drive to bleed off basically all the time in regulation. They had numerous chances to stay inbounds and keep the clock moving while staying in their hurryup.

Watch this video. See how much time Montana leaves the Lions. I guess he is dumb and a noob too?

Are you seriously comparing Montana to Smith? What, you think Montana didn't make mistakes? A mistake is a mistake.....Montana's mistake doesn't justify Smith's mistake.

Wasn't just Smith....it was Gore too.....ran out of bounds to stop the clock when he could have stayed in bounds and kept the clock running. Davis too...dropping a pass that he had in his hands because he was too scared of the hit that was coming.

Are you serious. You have to get points this is why no one on here is a NFL coach. Get real.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Ugh you're not getting it. When you have the chance to score you take it, come on people. If scoring when you get the chance is good enough for Bill Walsh and Joe Montana, its good enough for Alex Smith and Singletary. Trying to run the clock down can backfire in so many ways.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Tough loss, but even with the 0-2 start we just proved to the NFL we're gonna win the West, and we will.

Seriously I'd like to see the Cards, Hawks, and Rams try to pull off what we did against the touted #1 offense in the NFL.

Alex Smith practically won the game for us, but the defense lost it.

no not really

uh, yes really. hater or not use some damn common sense
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Are you serious. You have to get points this is why no one on here is a NFL coach. Get real.

Thank You.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I think the 49ers are a lot better than what they showed in Seattle, and they will take this division.

nah....this was an adrenaline game. monday night....retiring rice's number...the sad part is that we still came up short despite the "boost". we'll be back to normal ways come next week.

You need to learn to have a little faith. Also was the "boost" so great that we were "supposed" to beat the sb champs?? Vegas had us as big 'dogs despite the factors you mention. Alex and the offense made huge strides tonight against a tough defense. The defense played pretty lights out for most the game against Brees air attack.

We make adjustments against the screens, and limit the turnovers we win this game.

I dont use Vegas odds to deem the "power" of one team over another. The defense did play well, but again......Monday night PLUS Rice retiring PLUS swirling winds did help.

I just think the week 1 Niners are a better reflection of our team than week 2 Niners.

ban

LOL Why should he be banned? He's inciting other people. Come on man, call a spade a spade man. He acts like he didn't even watch the game. Just because you agree with him about one player and all of a sudden he gets to incite other people? You guys just hate Smith and won't give him credit for anything. If he does something good it's because "well he was trying harder cuz it was MNF". So what the heck are you saying? He doesn't try hard in regular games? He doesn't care about his job? These guys want to win every game, they got their communication problems fixed for the most part and they played good enough to win except for Baas and Walker and Adams.

Because that is a personal attack and uncalled for weather you agree with his irrational way of thinking or not.

I don't care if it's a personal attack, when people continually make nonsensical posts even when they know they're saying ridiculous things just to piss people off, they deserve whatever they get. Its like he didn't even watch the game.

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:43:43 ]

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
We left them too much time, we should have run the clock down further.

Maybe so, but I have to admit I was stunned that the 49ers were able to drive down and tie the game in crunch time.

Yeah me too. But you HAVE to score when you get the chance. This leaving too much time is BS.

No it isn't. You kill the clock and leave them with no time. Either you tie the game and go into overtime or the game is over.

SO did you want Gore to just stop? And what if we don't punch it in? How DUMB would that be? Come on....

It's funny....your use of the word DUMB....when it's patently clear how little you understand the game and fail to view it holistically.

The Niners moved the ball, but they failed to bleed the clock. They scored in about 0:56 of real game time....they had over an extra minute of game clock to burn. That's a mistake.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
We made mistakes in this game, the turnovers, the penalties. But there were 2 chances for us to win this game. If Adams doesn't muff that punt, we possibly drive down the field and score the winning TD. The other chance was I think on the Niners last drive, the offense should have taken more time off the clock. I know they didn't have time outs but they didn't need them because they were getting first downs in one play anyway. If they had left just under 30-40 seconds, this game possibly goes into OT and would have given us another chance to win it.

I know this though, we can't blame this game on Alex this time. He played very well tonite and those turnovers weren't his fault for a change.

We played well again against an elite team but just couldn't pull out the win because of the mistakes we made yet again.

[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:44:36 ]

the defense should have stopped them. ur football knowledge is disturbing.

[ Edited by WestCoast on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:44:20 ]
We were blitzing on the Saint final drive. I didnt see any vanilla prevent defense

Agree i think the second play they rushed 4(looked like they had nickle in, so just rushed the d-line) and droped into coverage every other play atleast 5 were coming, the Saints oline protected well and gave brees enough time.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

ban

LOL Why should he be banned? He's inciting other people. Come on man, call a spade a spade man. He acts like he didn't even watch the game. Just because you agree with him about one player and all of a sudden he gets to incite other people? You guys just hate Smith and won't give him credit for anything. If he does something good it's because "well he was trying harder cuz it was MNF". So what the heck are you saying? He doesn't try hard in regular games? He doesn't care about his job? These guys want to win every game, they got their communication problems fixed for the most part and they played good enough to win except for Baas and Walker and Adams.

Because that is a personal attack and uncalled for weather you agree with his irrational way of thinking or not.

One thousand pardons. I wouldn't want to get personnel with an idiot. Can't win that argument. As for the constant negative posts, well, choke on em!
Share 49ersWebzone