There are 251 users in the forums

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by SFBlue:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Not a bad loss, just a disappointing loss.

I think the 49ers are a lot better than what they showed in Seattle, and they will take this division.

nah....this was an adrenaline game. monday night....retiring rice's number...the sad part is that we still came up short despite the "boost". we'll be back to normal ways come next week.

You need to learn to have a little faith. Also was the "boost" so great that we were "supposed" to beat the sb champs?? Vegas had us as big 'dogs despite the factors you mention. Alex and the offense made huge strides tonight against a tough defense. The defense played pretty lights out for most the game against Brees air attack.

We make adjustments against the screens, and limit the turnovers we win this game.

I dont use Vegas odds to deem the "power" of one team over another. The defense did play well, but again......Monday night PLUS Rice retiring PLUS swirling winds did help.

I just think the week 1 Niners are a better reflection of our team than week 2 Niners.

Yeah, and I think your a dick. A little dick at that. loser.
Originally posted by eastie:

I think the 49ers are a lot better than what they showed in Seattle, and they will take this division.

nah....this was an adrenaline game. monday night....retiring rice's number...the sad part is that we still came up short despite the "boost". we'll be back to normal ways come next week.

You need to learn to have a little faith. Also was the "boost" so great that we were "supposed" to beat the sb champs?? Vegas had us as big 'dogs despite the factors you mention. Alex and the offense made huge strides tonight against a tough defense. The defense played pretty lights out for most the game against Brees air attack.

We make adjustments against the screens, and limit the turnovers we win this game.

I dont use Vegas odds to deem the "power" of one team over another. The defense did play well, but again......Monday night PLUS Rice retiring PLUS swirling winds did help.

I just think the week 1 Niners are a better reflection of our team than week 2 Niners.

baby dick at that
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Steve Young is nailing it on the head right now.

To paraphrase...

We know what we have here. Some great talent and a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. But we've been saying it for weeks, months, years.

Until these guys show it, the "moral victories" mean nothing. If they continue to make the same mistakes, what difference does it make?

Some players definitely stepped up clutch tonight. Alex was big time, the defense was MASSIVE. But it's a team game. And we always find a way to botch things up.

By no means is this season lost. But I'm not gonna be giddy about competing with the champs. F that. Time to put up.
  • Brew
  • Veteran

ban
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by mayo63:
We left them too much time, we should have run the clock down further.

Maybe so, but I have to admit I was stunned that the 49ers were able to drive down and tie the game in crunch time.

Yeah me too. But you HAVE to score when you get the chance. This leaving too much time is BS.

No it isn't. You kill the clock and leave them with no time. Either you tie the game and go into overtime or the game is over.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Maybe so, but I have to admit I was stunned that the 49ers were able to drive down and tie the game in crunch time.

Yeah me too. But you HAVE to score when you get the chance. This leaving too much time is BS.

agreed. Blame the niners D for playing soft defense AGAIN. Does manusky never learn?

The Saints could not stop our offense. Only we could.

Hard to blame the defense, Brees is just that good. Defense was put in a lot of s**tty huge momentum changing situations.

Not blaming the D. They played great. I'm blaming Manusky for his choice of coverage.

Brees/Colston......name many that can stop the combo.....

If Goldson just hadnt moved his body too. So close yet so far

Agree. Brees threw it to his back shoulder and Colston made a great play.

Guys I'm talking about the two easy checkdowns that went for 25 yards combined the two plays before that. Soft, protect D coverages.

lol He be trolling. But you're the one whos going to get warned because he's trolling unfortunately. But whatever. I think this team is the one we really are.

No it isn't. You kill the clock and leave them with no time. Either you tie the game and go into overtime or the game is over.

when youre not an elite team like the niners. you take what you can get. beggars cant be choosers. when we're an elite team we can do stuff like worry about the clock.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

lol He be trolling. But you're the one whos going to get warned because he's trolling unfortunately. But whatever. I think this team is the one we really are.

unlucky, dumb mistakes, clutch in the 4th quarter and losing at the end?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Niners played hard but they made too many mistakes. They didn't deserve to win that game. I'm just glad they didn't get blown out.

I also I think the niners need to call more running plays for Alex.

agreed. Blame the niners D for playing soft defense AGAIN. Does manusky never learn?

The Saints could not stop our offense. Only we could.

Hard to blame the defense, Brees is just that good. Defense was put in a lot of s**tty huge momentum changing situations.

Not blaming the D. They played great. I'm blaming Manusky for his choice of coverage.

The first couple plays were very soft coverage rush 4 drop into coverage, but once they got to the 50. Manusky completely changed the defense. first play past the 50 he rushed 5 and reggie almost got a pick, the second play he brought a blitz with 5 and it was a great throw by brees (back shoulder, good catch, goldson in good coverage)

I agree it should not have been taht easy to pick up 20 yards in the first place but he changed and it was just better play by Brees... Manusky came in with a good gameplan and it worked for that most part only allowing 25 pts to the best offense in the NFL.

You cannot just run some BS plays then hope to score latter just to kill clock because nothing matters unless you score and get the 2 point conversion. This thinking is moronic at best.
Originally posted by Brew:

ban

LOL Why should he be banned? He's inciting other people. Come on man, call a spade a spade man. He acts like he didn't even watch the game. Just because you agree with him about one player and all of a sudden he gets to incite other people? You guys just hate Smith and won't give him credit for anything. If he does something good it's because "well he was trying harder cuz it was MNF". So what the heck are you saying? He doesn't try hard in regular games? He doesn't care about his job? These guys want to win every game, they got their communication problems fixed for the most part and they played good enough to win except for Baas and Walker and Adams.
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners played hard but they made too many mistakes. They didn't deserve to win that game. I'm just glad they didn't get blown out.

I also I think the niners need to call more running plays for Alex.

Just based on how he was running on that last drive i thought Ray was going to call up a QB draw on that 2 point conversion.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Brew:

ban

LOL Why should he be banned? He's inciting other people. Come on man, call a spade a spade man. He acts like he didn't even watch the game. Just because you agree with him about one player and all of a sudden he gets to incite other people? You guys just hate Smith and won't give him credit for anything. If he does something good it's because "well he was trying harder cuz it was MNF". So what the heck are you saying? He doesn't try hard in regular games? He doesn't care about his job? These guys want to win every game, they got their communication problems fixed for the most part and they played good enough to win except for Baas and Walker and Adams.

Because that is a personal attack and uncalled for weather you agree with his irrational way of thinking or not.
Share 49ersWebzone