LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by seeking6th:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by SFBlue:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Not a bad loss, just a disappointing loss.

I think the 49ers are a lot better than what they showed in Seattle, and they will take this division.

nah....this was an adrenaline game. monday night....retiring rice's number...the sad part is that we still came up short despite the "boost". we'll be back to normal ways come next week.

You need to learn to have a little faith. Also was the "boost" so great that we were "supposed" to beat the sb champs?? Vegas had us as big 'dogs despite the factors you mention. Alex and the offense made huge strides tonight against a tough defense. The defense played pretty lights out for most the game against Brees air attack.

We make adjustments against the screens, and limit the turnovers we win this game.

I dont use Vegas odds to deem the "power" of one team over another. The defense did play well, but again......Monday night PLUS Rice retiring PLUS swirling winds did help.

I just think the week 1 Niners are a better reflection of our team than week 2 Niners.

You're dead wrong, get off the board, I'm really getting tired of your bulls**t. Go root for another team already.

i really like the way this guy zrf80 dude gets people all pissed off, you really crack me up, man... and we did beat ourselves up again, and we haven't even played real 49er football yet. once we gel, we'll go back to our winning ways.

And what exactly, pray tell, do you define as "real 49er football" ?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by mayo63:
We left them too much time, we should have run the clock down further.

Maybe so, but I have to admit I was stunned that the 49ers were able to drive down and tie the game in crunch time.

Yeah me too. But you HAVE to score when you get the chance. This leaving too much time is BS.

agreed. Blame the niners D for playing soft defense AGAIN. Does manusky never learn?

The Saints could not stop our offense. Only we could.

Hard to blame the defense, Brees is just that good. Defense was put in a lot of s**tty huge momentum changing situations.

Not blaming the D. They played great. I'm blaming Manusky for his choice of coverage.

Brees/Colston......name many that can stop the combo.....
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Timeouts were used up early again....we could have used them during out 2:00 drill and to ice their kicker.

Davis made some plays, but also had some critical drops and that idiotic move where he forced a delay of game. We know he's talented, but the guy is not very bright.

Ice the kicker? Meh

Guess you missed Houston's win over Washington yesterday?

The NFL game is a game of details....never discount how important even the smallest of things can be.

We'd have probably used it on offense, maybe before the 2 point conversion?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Maybe so, but I have to admit I was stunned that the 49ers were able to drive down and tie the game in crunch time.

Yeah me too. But you HAVE to score when you get the chance. This leaving too much time is BS.

agreed. Blame the niners D for playing soft defense AGAIN. Does manusky never learn?

Hard to blame the defense, Brees is just that good. Defense was put in a lot of s**tty huge momentum changing situations.

Not blaming the D. They played great. I'm blaming Manusky for his choice of coverage.

If Goldson just hadnt moved his body too. So close yet so far
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Cut Delanie Walker

Yes that is why you are not a GM

and we should cut frank gore for being tackled short of the first down right?

Man DWalk is a great player, just great teams find a way to win.

Many close calls, the cards just seemed to fall their way.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Cut Delanie Walker

Yes that is why you are not a GM

and we should cut frank gore for being tackled short of the first down right?

Man DWalk is a great player, just great teams find a way to win.

4 TO's, 3 of which in scoring position, then we hand them the ball on our 15 or whatever. We just lost on some unlucky s**t. I see us losing more on luck than anything.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kstolai:

Many close calls, the cards just seemed to fall their way.

Yup. Just the way football goes sometimes.

Agree. Brees threw it to his back shoulder and Colston made a great play.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Turnovers killed us, period...

NO SF
1st Downs 17 24
Passing 1st downs 14 12
Rushing 1st downs 1 10
1st downs from Penalties 2 2
3rd down efficiency 6-14 5-9
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-0
Total Plays 64 58
Total Yards 287 417
Passing 237 275
Comp-Att 28-38 23-32
Yards per pass 6.2 8.6
Rushing 50 142
Rushing Attempts 24 26
Yards per rush 2.1 5.5
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-4 3-4
Penalties 5-54 5-40
Turnovers 0 4
Fumbles lost 0 2
Interceptions thrown 0 2
Defensive/Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 32:40 27:20

Steve Young is nailing it on the head right now.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
and another thing.... F**K YOU GOLDSON!!! you wanna get paid like an elite safety??? good luck getting that you non covering dumb ass

99% of Corners or Safeties in NFL do the same exact thing as Goldson... He was playing good coverage, a great back shoulder throw, to a 6-4 WR who is a top 10 reciever in the NFL... Goldson did everything he could have I dont see why you are pissed a him... Makes no sense.
Hey just wondering if Chilo gets his job back? The o-line looked strong and they ran behind Bass, Snyder and Iupati. Snyder was better in pass protection also. Just a thought.
Originally posted by jcs:
Alex played arguably his best game as a pro, but his receivers repeatedly screwed things up for him, with drops and fumbles. His line was so-so, with Baas starting it all off with that epic 12 foot snap over the head into the end zone....kudos to Alex for tipping it out.

The 2:00 minute drill was great, but again they were n00bs and didn't bleed enough time off the clock. Why did they keep going out of bounds and stopping the clock? They left too much time for Brees.

If you didn't notice, the offense ran pretty well with Alex calling the plays....not a surprise.

The defense played hard and were true stalwarts...but when it came down to it, Brees burned Goldson for the long completion.

Turnovers really did them in....Saints played like crap, but our turnovers gave the game right back to them.

So dumb. You know Montana left Dallas 57 seconds after 'The Catch' When you have a chance to score. You do it.

LMAO....dumb is not knowing how to manage a game clock. The Niners could have engineered their last drive to bleed off basically all the time in regulation. They had numerous chances to stay inbounds and keep the clock moving while staying in their hurryup.

You talk like alex and co. are good enough to actually manage the time and tie the score, this team had to take what it had. We are lucky we actually scored and tied. What lost us this game at the end was more to do with the vanilla D we put up until midfield if anything else.

No. Its called 4 turnovers.
not happy till we get a win. however, we were in it till the end. they should have blown us out after we turned the ball over so many times, but we hung in there against one of the elite teams (the champs). we could play ball with anybody!

we'll win all our home games from here on.

if we sneak out wins to packers/chargers on the road, then that would be sweet.

after tonight, i feel better going into arrowhead and at falcons dome.

i'm glad the alex/oline had a good game (minus the david bass jump ball toss).

crabtree went from craptree to crabcake... i'm still waiting on him to turn in to moneytree!

CAN WE PUT STICKY TAPE ON THEIR FREAKIN FUMBLING HANDS!?
Share 49ersWebzone