LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

Our special teams are going to suck this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What we tend to forget as fans is that these situations also present the opportunity for stars to reveal themselves. Yo Ziggy! This is your chance!
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
There were plenty of disheartening things about the last game, one of them being the loss of Ginn Jr. for PR/KR. And now with Adams injured, and Kyle Williams on the shelf, we are ACTUALLY worse than last year. Hopefully these guys will get healthy soon, but its really going to suck starting at the 17 ever time and Brees staring at the 40.

Adams is injured? I missed that one. What happened?
Originally posted by bret:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
There were plenty of disheartening things about the last game, one of them being the loss of Ginn Jr. for PR/KR. And now with Adams injured, and Kyle Williams on the shelf, we are ACTUALLY worse than last year. Hopefully these guys will get healthy soon, but its really going to suck starting at the 17 ever time and Brees staring at the 40.

Adams is injured? I missed that one. What happened?

I believe he tweaked a hamstring.
Schottenheimer was thrown under the bus. He's been given nothing to work with.
Yea t/s was dead on. Both aspects os special teams are lacking as usual. would be nice to see the offense work with a short field.
injuries have obviously killed our return game, I don't think you can really adequately prepare for having your top two options go down at the same time

however the coverage has looked extremely poor, seems like every other return someone is making a td-saving tackle
Originally posted by znk916:
injuries have obviously killed our return game, I don't think you can really adequately prepare for having your top two options go down at the same time

however the coverage has looked extremely poor, seems like every other return someone is making a td-saving tackle

I agree the return game has been killed by the injuries and rookie mistakes.

I agree that the coverage has looked very poor , I feel sorry for our defense. I just hope its not a year long issue and that someone steps up their game soon.

We seem to miss Robinson and Mckillop.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I got high hopes for kyle williams for some reason... hes due back soon
Originally posted by rawdel:
I got high hopes for kyle williams for some reason... hes due back soon

does any1 know if he will be ok by chiefs game?

• Walsh
  • Veteran
Taylor Mays killed that Saints dude on the kick off return. Our coverage actually looks decent so far. I'm a little disappointed in the returning but there's been injuries.
They'll be ok...Adams was pressed into being the PR because both Williams and Ginn were down. I'd agree Norris isn't the ST player Miller is, but Singletary wanted a thumper to lead Gore into the holes. Schottenheimer's a very good football coach...he'll get the ST's where they need to be.
Share 49ersWebzone