LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Robinson as #3 QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If they cut Nate -- who would immediately be picked up -- We'd almost have no choice. The only other option would be using the former WVU quarterback, UDFA Jarrett Brown. And I don't like that idea.

Nate had a rough game, but that was it. It was one rough game. He has looked like a low end #2 this pre-season, with flashes of his ability, but clearly isn't ready to start.

I would not fault Nate entirely on either of his INT's. One was caused by Jurovich losing the fight for the ball with the San Diego CB. The other was caused by a Byham drop. His other "almost interception" was because Jason Hill got poked in the eye and stopped on the route.

Nate's play was not anywhere near as bad as the numbers would indicate.

Sure it's a possibility; but, hasn't this been said about many of our PS players with only a few actually getting picked up? Thomas Clayton is the first to come to mind... Anyways, has his play/dedication/improvement warranted a position on the 53 man squad?
I think this is a very likely possibility. I don't think either Nate Davis or Jarrett Brown will make the team (after posing the question if he would be a starter sometime this year no less ).

And if this is how we can keep LaBoy, Briggs, and Phillips then I'm in!

Championship!
Originally posted by D_Niner:
If they cut Nate -- who would immediately be picked up -- We'd almost have no choice. The only other option would be using the former WVU quarterback, UDFA Jarrett Brown. And I don't like that idea.

Nate had a rough game, but that was it. It was one rough game. He has looked like a low end #2 this pre-season, with flashes of his ability, but clearly isn't ready to start.

I would not fault Nate entirely on either of his INT's. One was caused by Jurovich losing the fight for the ball with the San Diego CB. The other was caused by a Byham drop. His other "almost interception" was because Jason Hill got poked in the eye and stopped on the route.

Sure it's a possibility; but, hasn't this been said about many of our PS players with only a few actually getting picked up? Thomas Clayton is the first to come to mind... Anyways, has his play/dedication/improvement warranted a position on the 53 man squad?

There's a difference. Nate has already made it on an NFL roster. Unlike Boone, Clayton, etc. -- They didn't last through the final cuts. Sure, people say it all the time, but most people tend to overvalue certain players.

Perhaps Nate wouldn't be picked up; one can concede there's a chance he wouldn't, but I think that chance is not as great as you might believe.

Someone would only need to think Nate was good enough to keep around as a #3. Looking at some of the other third string guys in the league, I wouldn't have much doubt that a team would say, "Hey, this Nate kid would be far better than what we've got." Look at Indianapolis... Painter is the primary backup and he's horrendous. The Colts really liked Davis and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the team that pursued Nate if he was cut.
I respect all opinions on this board, but Nate Davis is the latest version of "Webzone Hero". That, coupled with the fact that many of us are desperate for "anyone other than Alex", make's Davis' brief glimpses of competence seem much more than they are.

To think Davis would "immediately get picked up" is sheer folly. He lasted until the 5th round, has a learning disability and hasn't shown all that much. Once you stop looking at him through crimson and gold colored glasses, you'll realize that, too.

Blake_Fever
Catch it!

There's a difference. Nate has already made it on an NFL roster. Unlike Boone, Clayton, etc. -- They didn't last through the final cuts. Sure, people say it all the time, but most people tend to overvalue certain players.

Perhaps Nate wouldn't be picked up; one can concede there's a chance he wouldn't, but I think that chance is not as great as you might believe.

Someone would only need to think Nate was good enough to keep around as a #3. Looking at some of the other third string guys in the league, I wouldn't have much doubt that a team would say, "Hey, this Nate kid would be far better than what we've got." Look at Indianapolis... Painter is the primary backup and he's horrendous. The Colts really liked Davis and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the team that pursued Nate if he was cut.

Sure; one mans trash is another mans treasure... Has he done enough to earn his job here though. He needed to show improvement from last year and I don't think that happened.

As far as your Colts concern, if Nate is struggling to learn our playbook, how well do you think he's going to do with the Colts? I'm more concerned with Nate going into a real NFL game than I am with losing him to another team...
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Make it stop!!!!!

Originally posted by Otter:
Make it stop!!!!!

You got what you asked for... M-Rob cut!
nate davis stays
Originally posted by ads_2006:
nate davis stays

Where did you read that (gotta link)?
Sorry Robinson supporters it aint happing

your boy just got axed

Originally posted by ads_2006:
nate davis stays

Where did you read that (gotta link)?

just saying with Mrob getting cut

Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
I respect all opinions on this board, but Nate Davis is the latest version of "Webzone Hero". That, coupled with the fact that many of us are desperate for "anyone other than Alex", make's Davis' brief glimpses of competence seem much more than they are.

To think Davis would "immediately get picked up" is sheer folly. He lasted until the 5th round, has a learning disability and hasn't shown all that much. Once you stop looking at him through crimson and gold colored glasses, you'll realize that, too.

Blake_Fever
Catch it!

You are right with the "Webzone Hero" thing and I agree with you that he is overrated, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a place on this team. I just don't think he is a starter yet. Your logic sounds more like those people who hate a band not because their music sucks, but instead because too many other people like the band.
This thread is a big FAIL!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
This thread is a big FAIL!
Share 49ersWebzone