LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Our Bubble Players?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who played well and who didn't amongst our bubble players? How did Boone, Briggs, Balgoun, Adams, Mitchel, Mays, Bynam, Miller, LaBoy do?
Bruce Davis had the best game but that just means he'll probably make our PS since there are too many guys ahead of him at OLB.

Tukuafu got another sack, definitely should make the PS for his pass rush ability alone and develop him to challenge or replace Ray Mac eventually. Can't think of anyone else who really stood out in a good way.

Paymah was toasted so often it wouldn't shock me if he got cut...except we don't really have any CB depth with Will James hurt.
How about Boone, Briggs, Adams, Laboy?
Boone was solid as usual, pretty sure he will make the roster because Seattle will be quick to get him with their OT problems and McCloughan being up there now.

Briggs and LaBoy didn't do much, but I don't recall seeing either on the field that much.

Adams looked solid on punt returns, although he did fumble at the end of a long return. He got beat by a step for 47 yards down the sideline but it was a perfect throw imo.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Who played well and who didn't amongst our bubble players? How did Boone, Briggs, Balgoun, Adams, Mitchel, Mays, Bynam, Miller, LaBoy do?

LaBoy beat his man for a would be sack but Wilhelm got there first, he'll probably make it over Briggs. Briggs was with the 3's and LaBoy was with the 2's.

Boone was OK, Briggs was not bad, but he didn't get any sacks.
Adams had another nice punt return, he almost went all the way, but then fumbled at the end and we recovered it. He got beat for a long ball later on, but it was a super perfect pass.
Balgoun didn't do enough.
Mitchel was solid, but not spectacular.
Mays had an interception in the end zone where he took a big hit and held onto the ball. He had a couple tackles.
Miller was still making special teams tackles. It will be hard to cut him.
Nate Davis had a rough game, most of his incomplete passes were dropped, but it doesn't matter. I think its pretty clear Singletary doesn't like him. Kind of like Brett Favre with the Falcons, most teams don't have the patience to develop those kinds of players. Most NFL teams prefer to hand-off troublesome players like Steve Young and Brett Favre to NFL minds like Ron Wolf or Bill Walsh who feel that these types of wildly inconsistent players are worth the effort to develop. We don't have the coaches who feel its worth the extra effort.
I do not know just how bad Nate Davis was in preseason workouts etc but I suspect he really had to stand out for him possibly being cut. I do think though that there are some real hard cuts coming. I mean there are some guys the niners want to keep real bad. If Nate is cut I sure hope the niners really target a good qb. Not necessarily to replace Alex but they need to develop a qb now and they need to develop a good one, not a fake. In some ways, I suspect Nate may have disappointed Singletary more than known. I think Nate was given a great amount of play last year and if he abused that to loaf thru the summer, that may have burn't Singletary's toast. That said I wonder just who makes the team. I liked the rookie dbs like Adams and Brock and Mays, Curtis Taylor and Laboy and Tukuafu. I saw some really slack plays at times by Briggs and Khalif Mitchell that turned me off. On the other hand Bowman, Mays, Iupati and Davis, Dixon etc all showed intense effort. I like De La Puente and Boone. I think Singletary is having a real problem having to cut some of them. I can understand both Vernon and Singletary's
desire for guys who will fight until they fall, type of guys. I think Byham's catching woes will pass. He is going to be a good pass catching tightend. He just needs the work.
Share 49ersWebzone