LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Two QB's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by znk916:
should be able to easily stash him on PS and get ST backup contributor types onto the active roster

no way in hell he does not get taken off ps

well he was a low pick to begin with so obviously other teams didn't think highly of him, and all he has really shown is that he has a great arm, which everyone knew already

Seattle is a possibility because of McClueless though
Originally posted by susweel:
If davis got cut niner talk would explode.

There would be fire Singletary threads everywhere.

-9fA
should be able to easily stash him on PS and get ST backup contributor types onto the active roster

Exactly.

Most other teams are smart enough to take things - like the things I just mentioned - into consideration. He'd be gone in a heartbeat.
either

a) Leinart to be a backup and just give us the Arizona playbook

b) Like the above poster said, Sing obviously wants Nate to get motivated and scare his ass.

3) Sing was sleepwalking out there

F) What do you want him to say? ''Sure! Nate has an automatic spot. No way is his job ever in jeopardy with the way he plays and studies.''

I honestly thought that Nate regressed this game. He looked puzzled. I would try to pick a 3rd qb off waivers from other teams cuts and move on. If anything put him on the practice squad, but I'm hoping for Smith to succeed or us to try and get a legit QB in the 1st next year.

So sick of this Nate Davis hype off nothing. Cut him loose!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
either

a) Leinart to be a backup and just give us the Arizona playbook

b) Like the above poster said, Sing obviously wants Nate to get motivated and scare his ass.

3) Sing was sleepwalking out there

F) What do you want him to say? ''Sure! Nate has an automatic spot. No way is his job ever in jeopardy with the way he plays and studies.''

I wouldn't mind Leinart because he's better than Carr.

Smith
Leinart
Davis

Davis is a talent worth developing.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Exactly.

Most other teams are smart enough to take things - like the things I just mentioned - into consideration. He'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Disagree there, it's a pretty even playing field for backups all around the league playing with other backups and against other backups too.

The knock on him was his ability to learn the playbook because of his dyslexia and he's done nothing to answer those concerns, especially with Sing calling him out for everyone to hear.
No offense to anybody, but QB3 rarely suits anyway. He was not very good until after he got the flop. And if this has been an issue all preseason then we can send him to the PS.

But...

3 drops didn't help his cause and 2 of more were Interceptions that should be credited to the Receivers. One that Bynam should have had. Bynam had 3 ill timed drops and as EDavis pointed out he was looking more like the Blocking TE at that point.

Then the Line just couldn't keep Davis upright. But that was due to San Diego taking the leash off on every play in a desperate attempt to keep points off the board.

In any case I don't see anyone coming after Davis if he goes on PS. I've seen Seneca Wallace go to Seattle's PS and he was a better QB than Davis is right now.

I think the kid COULD be good. But he's just not playing to the level that one expects from a guy who would be QB3 in his 2nd season. If you hold Alex to a high standard then you should hold Davis to a reasonable standard. He was staring down Receivers all night. I dunno but I think this is something Sing has been on him about.

All our QBs' do it to some regard. But Sing has been trying to work with Davis to groom him and Davis is struggling. I'd rather have him on PS (we do have the ability to block any overture towards him from other teams) and put someone else on 53 man that could help this team immediately. Which Davis won't.

Sorry but this is truth.

~Ceadder
Having only 2 qb's would be too radical and risky even for Sing.

I wouldn't mind it , but it's risky.
Aside from Davis' poor play, I wonder if any team would in fact choose to carry him on their active roster b/c he'd be no good to them this season. If he can't run the Niners' system after two years, why would he have 2010 value anywhere else?

Originally posted by 49erRider:

Exactly.

Disagree there, it's a pretty even playing field for backups all around the league playing with other backups and against other backups too.

The knock on him was his ability to learn the playbook because of his dyslexia and he's done nothing to answer those concerns, especially with Sing calling him out for everyone to hear.

How many times did his target drop the football? Byham dropped 3 by himself. Both INTs were a joke. He had no time to throw and the plays that were called were garbage even for the 4th preseason game. You can't give a QB crap like that and expect anything good to happen. You talking about BACKUPS, the only backup Nate Davis had to throw to was Nate Byham, the rest of his targets were guys that aren't even good enough to be backups and will be out of a job in 2 days.

how is it risky? Mike Rob would probably be the emergency QB if somehow we manage to lose both Smith and Carr in the same game...which I doubt since our OL should be much improved.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
No offense to anybody, but QB3 rarely suits anyway. He was not very good until after he got the flop. And if this has been an issue all preseason then we can send him to the PS.

But...

3 drops didn't help his cause and 2 of more were Interceptions that should be credited to the Receivers. One that Bynam should have had. Bynam had 3 ill timed drops and as EDavis pointed out he was looking more like the Blocking TE at that point.

Then the Line just couldn't keep Davis upright. But that was due to San Diego taking the leash off on every play in a desperate attempt to keep points off the board.

In any case I don't see anyone coming after Davis if he goes on PS. I've seen Seneca Wallace go to Seattle's PS and he was a better QB than Davis is right now.

I think the kid COULD be good. But he's just not playing to the level that one expects from a guy who would be QB3 in his 2nd season. If you hold Alex to a high standard then you should hold Davis to a reasonable standard. He was staring down Receivers all night. I dunno but I think this is something Sing has been on him about.

All our QBs' do it to some regard. But Sing has been trying to work with Davis to groom him and Davis is struggling. I'd rather have him on PS (we do have the ability to block any overture towards him from other teams) and put someone else on 53 man that could help this team immediately. Which Davis won't.

Sorry but this is truth.

~Ceadder

+1

As someone stated before, keeping only 2 QBs means we're only 2 plays away from having Michael Robinson at QB. At that point, we have no chance whatsoever.
Cut Carr, pickup Leinart

Smith
Leinart
Davis
Share 49ersWebzone