Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziegler

Looks okay, but man you show no love for Hill and some disrespect for Ziggy!

how?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by fly15:

What does even mean? I'm talkin bout the Niners!!!!

wich is a good thing seeing as this is Ninertalk!

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.
I always get over excited and think that this is the year ever off season, I haven't been too geeked up until a few minutes ago when I started thinking about our wide outs, and then bam, I was in to it, maybe this year is the year!

Ziggy is getting his traditional preseason love from the Webzoners. Morgan hasn't played much and is coming off a less then expected season. Crabtree is resting. Hill seems to be in the dog house.

Ted Ginn has to be the happiest guy in the clubhouse. I know we all think he was brought here to return kicks, Ted was told he was brought here to return kicks, but as a competitor the type of guy who has worked himself into the NFL you know Ginn never believed that he couldn't crack out starting line up.

I can't imagine him thinking, "well I guess I'm a bust of a first round pick I guess I'll just return kicks on .500 ball club" I'm sure when he heard he was coming to the 49ers, he checked out the competition and felt like he could start here. After watching him this preseason, I think he can, he looks like he will see a lot of action in 3 receiver sets.

If he regains his confidence and fits well n Rayes system, he can be quite valuable to us. Ginn has thrown some big blocks on run plays and that is huge with Sing. For the first time in long time I am not worried about our wide outs.

My prediction is Crabs and Josh as starters, with TG first off the bench, with Hill and Ziggy fighting for the scraps, unless Hill gets cut then Ziggy and Williams.

So lets think about this, Crabs, and Josh, with VD, Gore and Westbrook as a third and long package.

I like the sound of that....... f**k me lets the season begain!

I have been pleasently surprised at Ginn's blocking. Even if he doesn't get much balls, I would be happy if he only caught 5 TDs, why? Cause it would either cause the D to use a safety on top or the best corner on him, meaning VD or Crabs will get 1 on 1. Then lets not forget that Delanie walker has been a pleasent surprise this pre-although he is listed as TE, lets not forget he is actually a WR in origin like Johnson was for us a while back. There is Gore and Westbrook as safety valves.

Now if only Raye can be innovative-too bad we don't have a Holmgren Shanahan, or Sean Peyton around.
Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziegler

Looks okay, but man you show no love for Hill and some disrespect for Ziggy!

how?

You listed him last, I took that to mean you think he is our worst WR.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I always get over excited and think that this is the year ever off season, I haven't been too geeked up until a few minutes ago when I started thinking about our wide outs, and then bam, I was in to it, maybe this year is the year!

Ziggy is getting his traditional preseason love from the Webzoners. Morgan hasn't played much and is coming off a less then expected season. Crabtree is resting. Hill seems to be in the dog house.

Ted Ginn has to be the happiest guy in the clubhouse. I know we all think he was brought here to return kicks, Ted was told he was brought here to return kicks, but as a competitor the type of guy who has worked himself into the NFL you know Ginn never believed that he couldn't crack out starting line up.

I can't imagine him thinking, "well I guess I'm a bust of a first round pick I guess I'll just return kicks on .500 ball club" I'm sure when he heard he was coming to the 49ers, he checked out the competition and felt like he could start here. After watching him this preseason, I think he can, he looks like he will see a lot of action in 3 receiver sets.

If he regains his confidence and fits well n Rayes system, he can be quite valuable to us. Ginn has thrown some big blocks on run plays and that is huge with Sing. For the first time in long time I am not worried about our wide outs.

My prediction is Crabs and Josh as starters, with TG first off the bench, with Hill and Ziggy fighting for the scraps, unless Hill gets cut then Ziggy and Williams.

So lets think about this, Crabs, and Josh, with VD, Gore and Westbrook as a third and long package.

I have been pleasently surprised at Ginn's blocking. Even if he doesn't get much balls, I would be happy if he only caught 5 TDs, why? Cause it would either cause the D to use a safety on top or the best corner on him, meaning VD or Crabs will get 1 on 1. Then lets not forget that Delanie walker has been a pleasent surprise this pre-although he is listed as TE, lets not forget he is actually a WR in origin like Johnson was for us a while back. There is Gore and Westbrook as safety valves.

Now if only Raye can be innovative-too bad we don't have a Holmgren Shanahan, or Sean Peyton around.

Amen, we have lots of weapons, lets hope Sing and Grandpa Munster can figure out way to use them!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.
Originally posted by AZ9er:

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran

I agree the Ginn my get time at WR, but what really sucks is we really need a return man. This needs to addressed pronto!

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.
  • dj43
When one looks at the WR on paper, and focuses on the "pros" and not the "cons," it is easy to get excited. Unfortunately, that approach leads to disappointed, disillusioned fans.

I would like to think I am in the middle. Crabtree put up some nice numbers in college and did OK for a portion of last season. However, it is one thing to have a couple of decent, not great games, and an entirely different thing to learn to be a professional football player. This latest dust-up in practice strongly suggest he is NOT a professional football player...yet. To put that type of guy in the #1 role only speaks to the weakness of the group, not the strength.

Morgan is another guy that is intriguing but he was a low round draft choice. That doesn't mean he CAN'T be a solid player but he hasn't reached any level of consistency yet either.

Ginn has had enough said about him. The best line is that the 49ers #3 guy is a guy that was cut by a team that was arguably no better than the 49ers last year.

Davis is excellent but if the other guys don't take the pressure off him, he will not have things so easy. We must also remember, he has not yet shown the ability to make "hot reads" to help his QB.

That leaves the rest of the corps as a collection of guys that would not make the roster in Indy or NE or SD or any other good offensive team in the league.

Let's hope the "pros" truly outweigh the "cons" but don't bet the mortgage on it.

• hps49
  • Veteran
I have a feeling that our wide outs at the end of the season will rank like this:

1. Crabtree
2. Ginn
3. Zeigler
4. Morgan
5. Williams
6. Hill

I know I'm kind of going out on a limb pushing Morgan down, and I might be totally wrong, but for some reason, I see Zeigler makin plays.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.
im hoping morgan will have a break out season, that would be great
Share 49ersWebzone