LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Frank Gore: Single Game Rushing Record

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Frank Gore: Single Game Rushing Record

Originally posted by niner4ever12:
didn't gore almost got it against the seahawks during last season?

he would of but he got hurt really early in the second half.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
That depends, is he playing against Highschool players?

Emmitt Smith had a better OL than this and he didn't get it because he plays in the NFL.

Gore > Emmitt

I'm trying to look up the stats, but all throughout his career there have been a number of games where he has had well over a hundred yards by the first half. Here are a few examples.

09/20/2009 - 207 yards (16 attempts)

14/14/2009 - 167 (26 attempts)

11/19/2006 - 212 (24 attempts)

There are also a few hundreds in there, but it seems like when Frank has a few good runs they shelve him.

The 14th month of year, damn they aren't paying you enough at work!
Originally posted by Joecool:
That depends, is he playing against Highschool players?

Emmitt Smith had a better OL than this and he didn't get it because he plays in the NFL.

Gore > Emmitt

I'm trying to look up the stats, but all throughout his career there have been a number of games where he has had well over a hundred yards by the first half. Here are a few examples.

09/20/2009 - 207 yards (16 attempts)

14/14/2009 - 167 (26 attempts)

11/19/2006 - 212 (24 attempts)

There are also a few hundreds in there, but it seems like when Frank has a few good runs they shelve him.

Actually...he has a tendancy to get hurt in the second halves of those games. It happened last year vs. Seattle and against Detroit a few years ago.
stop being homers.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Gore > Emmitt

Esplain meng.....
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He would have to get 300 yards, not going to happen.
it's unlikely but i think he has the potential...therefore i selected yes just for faith.
[ Edited by brucesf49 on Sep 2, 2010 at 3:42 PM ]
sorry guys, don't see this happening.

when AP set the record he was still relatively new to pro football, players didn't know about his speed, what cuts he can make and what angles to take at him.

Gore is great, but teams know that they need to plan around him and what he can do.
No. But he will get close.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
stop being homers.

Homers....in Niner Talk ?

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Gore > Emmitt

Esplain meng.....

It's just my opinion. I think Emmitt is way overrated. He had the best offensive line in the history of football. I believe if you could put Gore in a time machine and put him in Emmits place he would hold almost every rushing record. The way the Cowgirls ran is perfect for Gore.

However, how can I prove my point?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 2, 2010 at 3:57 PM ]
jamaal charles is gunna beat the record
Stacking the box can actually increase the chance of a 300 yard game. In order to get a 300 yard game you really need to break multiple 60 yard runs. If 8 and 9 people are on the line and you break the hole you're gone. It's just harder to do that with safeties playing back.

Jamal Lewis, Adrian Peterson, Jerome Harrison, Chris Johnson. Notice the trend that these backs play on one dimensial teams. You need alot of things to go your way to have that kind of a game, and Gore is certainly capable of doing it, but I don't think it's very likely.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Gore > Emmitt

Esplain meng.....

It's just my opinion. I think Emmitt is way overrated. He had the best offensive line in the history of football. I believe if you could put Gore in a time machine and put him in Emmits place he would hold almost every rushing record. The way the Cowgirls is was perfect for Gore.

However, how can I prove my point?

I think you are crazy, very good line and great FB ? Damn straight but Emmitt was a helluva back with incredible vision and a nose for the endzone. And that nose for the endzone is one of the traits that Frank lacks.

Hard point to prove but you are entitled to your opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone