LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Frank Gore: Single Game Rushing Record

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Frank Gore: Single Game Rushing Record

I just thought I would throw this out there. I really believe this is the year Gore can break the single game rushing record. Here are my reasons why:

1. Iupati & Staley - This is the first time since Larry Allen that Gore has had such a strong offensive line. If Iupati and Staley stay healthy, watch out towards the end of season.
2. Westbrook - Gore is a warrior who brings it no matter what, but I think having All-Pro Brian Westbrook will only motivate him to run that much harder. Competitiveness is in this guys DNA. He already admitted to following BWs stats over the 2007 season. How much more when BW rips off his first 30 yard run?
3. Davis, Crabs, Ginn - Weapons, Weapons and more Weapons. Need I say more? We got speed and talent, I don’t think teams will be stacking the box consistently.
4. NFC West - Being in this division I just think there is a good chance one of these teams gives up the ghost. Gore has enough talent to do it outside our division, but I think it will most likely happen in the NFC West.
5. The "weakest" part of our schedule is towards the end of the year, by then our Oline should be fairly in synce.

I'm almost sure this is going to happen. What do you guys think?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM ]
That depends, is he playing against Highschool players?

Emmitt Smith had a better OL than this and he didn't get it because he plays in the NFL.
what is it
He'll have two chances with Seattle.
no
I thought he had a good chance a few years back against the lions, didnt he have like almost 200 by halftime but then got hurt
Originally posted by jreff22:
what is it

296?
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:48 PM ]
what is it

296, Adrian Peterson against the Chargers in 08.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
With my boy Iupati busting holes for him I say he does it.
Originally posted by Joecool:
That depends, is he playing against Highschool players?

Emmitt Smith had a better OL than this and he didn't get it because he plays in the NFL.

Gore > Emmitt

I'm trying to look up the stats, but all throughout his career there have been a number of games where he has had well over a hundred yards by the first half. Here are a few examples.

09/20/2009 - 207 yards (16 attempts)

14/14/2009 - 167 (26 attempts)

11/19/2006 - 212 (24 attempts)

There are also a few hundreds in there, but it seems like when Frank has a few good runs they shelve him.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
what is it

Yikes. I didn't realize it got that high.

/thread.
not gonna happen
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
what is it

Yikes. I didn't realize it got that high.

/thread.

Yeah.

More yards in one game than Michael Robinson has rushed for in his four year career.
Yep... first game against the Seahawks Gore will have five runs of 50 yards or more, three touchdowns and 299 yards.

Think positive!

didn't gore almost got it against the seahawks during last season?
Share 49ersWebzone