There are 191 users in the forums

Clements vs Brown

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Did we see an open compitition between Nate and Brown on sat. against the raiders? Spencer did not play much if at all and with Nates huge contract luming was it an audition for Brown? If so Brown failed he was slow to break on wrs and not aggressive enough against the run. It just seemed odd that Spencer was not on the field.
Spencer was nursing a sore hammy.
whoops... could of sworn I read sore hammy, but looks like groin issue...

Quote:
Shawntae Spencer went through a full practice after missing Saturday's game with a groin injury.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/08/crabtree-v-davi.html#ixzz0yEgi59Fe
they both haven't impressed me. Brown is pissing me off b/c he doesn't appear to be getting better...
Originally posted by Ajanke:
they both haven't impressed me. Brown is pissing me off b/c he doesn't appear to be getting better...

Yeah, both have been underachieving this pre season but I still would take Clements over Brown. Clements said he likes to work on his weaknesses in pre season so he's obviously not going full out and doing what he does best. I know Spencer missed the last game and he didn't have any stats against the Vikings. Can't remember if he played in that one either.

Bottom line the CB position is going to be a major need next year. Especially if we cut Clements. It could be a weak spot this year as well.
Looks like Adams will be getting more playing time. If he produces get him in the line up.

Disappointed, maybe, but getting pissed off that a 5th round pick isn't playing consistently like a lights-out starter seems like overkill.
Yea I have 0 confidence in Brown.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Disappointed, maybe, but getting pissed off that a 5th round pick isn't playing consistently like a lights-out starter seems like overkill.

true, but adams seems to be playing well for a late round pick

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'm extremely worried about our secondary.

Nate is slow
Lewis is slower
Spencer is solid but not spectacular
Godson is just average, still is learning
And I have zero confidence in brown or reggie smith

Hopefully pass rush steps up or we're gonna give up some big plays.

The monday night game against NO is something that could get ugly.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Agreed. I don't think that he's a good tackler either.

-9fA
That's not close. Nate is much better.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Agreed. I don't think that he's a good tackler either.

-9fA

It sounds good to move Nate on the inside to help out in the slot, but can we really trust Brown to be on the outside against a number 1 wr?
I'm very concerned about our CBs this year. Spencer is by far our best corner. I hope I'm wrong, but Nate really has seemed to have lost a step. Brown is regressing. Philip Adams is a rookie and Will James can't even get on the field. Having two good corners in this league is no longer good enough. With a lot of teams going to three and four WR sets we could be in a lot of trouble.

Its my theory the reason why we are a bend but dont break defense is because our corners aren't very good. However, once we get close to the goal line our LBs have a chance to get into the play.

Why did we get rid of Dre Bly again? Mistake.
Share 49ersWebzone