LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Niners made all the right moves...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
the only move im disappointed in is bringing in carr. hill was a worthy backup

I agree, but I think Hill needed to go or it could have been a big destraction for the team. If things weren't perfect with Alex it could have split the locker room or at least caused a lot of unwanted media attention.

Let's get real here do you think we win more games with S Hill or Carr ??????? The players both liked and rallied behind Hill.

It's definitely Hill ------ IMHO going by what I have seen so far.

Getting rid of Hill for Carr is very suspect to me.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 31, 2010 at 2:46 PM ]
All i can see is 2 guys who are gonna be long term stars on our OL, Mays who altho untested, definitely can pack a punch, AD, a RB who looked good on college film, but is a certified bruiser with the ball, and has both speed and moves to back it up....

We jettisoned a wasted pick in kentwan, picked up a guy who set all kinds of Philly records, who if he stays healthy, was a steal, and great for giving Frank a rest, and then there is Bowman, again unproved, has looked good what little I have seen him.

There's more, but starting from the first draft day, we have already had a great yr.

Oh, yeah, we also have the same OC for the first time in what 7 yrs?? Good, bad or indifferent, at least JR represents continuity. For the doubters, remember, altho 49ers looked ragged in preseason, we still haven't seen Crabs, vernon, #24, nor our NT. Considering all that, yeah, the 9ers have made some mighty good moves.
Now hopefully Taylor Mays can learn what Stefen Djordjevic couldn't . . . to play the ball and not the man!

Agree we made some nice moves.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
the only move im disappointed in is bringing in carr. hill was a worthy backup

I agree, but I think Hill needed to go or it could have been a big destraction for the team. If things weren't perfect with Alex it could have split the locker room or at least caused a lot of unwanted media attention.

Let's get real here do you think we win more games with S Hill or Carr ??????? The players both liked and rallied behind Hill.

It's definitely Hill ------ IMHO going by what I have seen so far.

Getting rid of Hill for Carr is very suspect to me.

I dont think you understood my arguement. Hill is better than Car by a large margin. However, because of history between Hill and Smith they needed to get rid of him. Also, don't forget that the diffrence between Smiths style of play and Hills is dramatic. The idea was to bring in Carr because he has similar skills sets to Smith, albeit far inferior.
Share 49ersWebzone