LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

How much we would save if Nate and Others were cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't understand how salary cap works.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Untikl we have a proven replacement, unfortunately, we can't cut Clements. He's not worth what we're paying him, but, what's the alternative? Wouldn't mind Norris cut for Miller or Caulcrick; he's on his last legs anyway.

Exactly. Tarell Brown is not the answer. Maybe Phillip Adams. Or address it next year in the draft. Shawntae is not getting any younger either.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If cut in 2011:

Adam Snyder: Save $2M, and a Dead Money hit of $100K

Moran Norris: Save $1.5M and dead hit of $334K

If cut in 2010:

Jason Hill: Save $510K and dead hit of $229K

Tony Wragge: save $808K and dead hit of $175K

Barry Sims: Save $855K but dead hit of $1.245M

Now Nate Clements

If cut prior to June 1st we save $4.584M in 2011, $11.167M in 2012 and $11.27M in 2013, with a dead hit of $6.584M in 2011.

Or if cut after june 1st we save $7.25M in 2011, $8.603M in 2012 and $11.27M in 2013, with dead hits of $3.917M in 2011 and $2.667M in 2012. With no Hit in 2013.

Snyder we will keep. He is versatile and a better Guard than Tackle. Norris we need. I still think it's possible we keep Jason Hill although nobody else around here believes that. Of course he may be cut too. Wragge will be here because he is versatile. Barry Sims will absolutely be here because our starting LT is already injured. Clements will be here for this year at least. And he is not as bad as made out to be on the WZ. He doesn't live up to $80 Million sure but most people don't. He's still our best CB although an overpaid one at that. And yes he has his flaws. But make no mistake our defense is worse without him and we are already bad in the secondary. We can't afford to be worse right now.

Agreed, Clements is better pressing, and being physical at the LOS. He isnt at his best when he plays 10-15 yards off the LOS which he usually has to do, given the play calls.
So, your saying june 2nd 2011? sounds okay, he can play nickel till then, we need the future cap room moor than the roster spot. Hey Nate, maybe you could restructure your deal? Nickel backs are a dime a dozen!
This is a football team, NOT A 401K! SPEND!
Originally posted by znk916:

hellllllp me
norris is getting paid to much to be franks front man/yes man so the time is coming for the team to part ways with him and to fill his spot with another player.

love nate but, his level of play has gone down as his age has gone up. he's just making way to much cheese that could be better spent on players who will be involved with the teams long term plans
I agree, we should cut Nate Davis

hellllllp me

Here you go!

That should give you want you want.

Originally posted by DarthNiner:

hellllllp me

Here you go!

That should give you want you want.

Wow, look at the standings on the front page of that website. On the left side. Saying our streak at the end of last year was L1? That should say W2 should it not?
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Why would we consider cutting our starting CB and FB? This isn't 7 or 8 years ago - it's not like we're in any salary cap crunch!

Because Norris is DONE.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Why would we consider cutting our starting CB and FB? This isn't 7 or 8 years ago - it's not like we're in any salary cap crunch!

Because Norris is DONE.

Unfortunately, Norris is to Gore what Molina was to Lincecum. Gore likes running behind Norris so I'm inclined to let Frank get what Frank wants.

That said, you're right. Norris is running on fumes.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If cut in 2011:

Adam Snyder: Save $2M, and a Dead Money hit of $100K

Moran Norris: Save $1.5M and dead hit of $334K

If cut in 2010:

Jason Hill: Save $510K and dead hit of $229K

Tony Wragge: save $808K and dead hit of $175K

Barry Sims: Save $855K but dead hit of $1.245M

Now Nate Clements

If cut prior to June 1st we save $4.584M in 2011, $11.167M in 2012 and $11.27M in 2013, with a dead hit of $6.584M in 2011.

Or if cut after june 1st we save $7.25M in 2011, $8.603M in 2012 and $11.27M in 2013, with dead hits of $3.917M in 2011 and $2.667M in 2012. With no Hit in 2013.

Snyder we will keep. He is versatile and a better Guard than Tackle. Norris we need. I still think it's possible we keep Jason Hill although nobody else around here believes that. Of course he may be cut too. Wragge will be here because he is versatile. Barry Sims will absolutely be here because our starting LT is already injured. Clements will be here for this year at least. And he is not as bad as made out to be on the WZ. He doesn't live up to $80 Million sure but most people don't. He's still our best CB although an overpaid one at that. And yes he has his flaws. But make no mistake our defense is worse without him and we are already bad in the secondary. We can't afford to be worse right now.

he is talking about next year
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
When you do these threads, you should title them as follows:

Penny Pinching: Volume x

Say it how you want but I brought up Clements in the Lewis thread and am glad AB made this thread. This way others can see.... I like Clements but hopefully he is a team player and after this year he understands that we have a lot of good players to resign. If he wants to stay with us and give a go at a super bowl he has to take a pay cut. If not that he needs to understand we have young players that we need for the future and he doesn't give us a choice at 11 mil a season.

If he says sure let's cut out the last 4 years of my deal at 8, 11, 11, and 15 or whatever and make a new one. How about 2-3 years at 3-5(?) million or we can't afford you.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone