LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

After the first 3 games, are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online

After the first 3 games, are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the season

I'm optimistic! I'm most worried about out DB and David Carr but let's face it, no team is perfect.

The biggest improvement so far has been the pass protection esp from the interior. Unlike previous years, the pass rush hasn't come directly up the gut necessitating Alex to make his now famous "roll to the right" dash for life. Alex now appears to have a few seconds to make his reads, step into his passes and make a nice delivery.

Also love having the big road grader Iupati opening holes for Gore.

Overall I'm excited heading into the season.
I am more optomistic about Alex Smith for sure whether it's preseason or not. Just think how much better Alex will be when he gets all of his offensive weapons out there. I am a bit concerned about the secondary though. I did not like how easily da raida's marched down the field on that first drive. Getting Franklin back at NT should improve the D.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'm of the opinion that pre-season is meaningless.

you owe me a Coke

lol
I am leaning towards being more optimistic just because Iupati and Baas are playing so well and have really improved the interior of the OL. That said, I am holding off on being excited until I see what the offensive play calling will look like. If we go with a balanced run/pass approach and let A. Smith play out of the shotgun a bit then I am will be very excited and confident that we will have a great season. If not, it could be another long haul.
to me its clear Alex its better, it the first time that all that off-season talk about how Alex looks great comes true... I can see how he can become a decent starter... we will win the west and make the playoffs....

looking foward to this season, I know there are going to be difficult times in the zone specially when alex throws his first pick and a bunch of you guys that will want to put Davis in there, but its clear to me Sing has a plan and he is committed to Alex... in the end if Alex becomes a good QB, Sing will be recieve major kudos, since he took a chance on a talent already considered a bust and manage to motivate and inspire him so that he can achieve his potential a la Vernon Davis...

go niners
I am feeling dyslexically optimistic today, so would have to say "Spring hopes eternal".
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM ]
I'm not pessimistic, but I am nervous. I don't know how anybody couldn't be after seeing 7 straight years of bad to mediocre football.
i'm ready for it to begin.

Gore is going to have 200+ yards against the Seahawks.
Share 49ersWebzone