LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Could 2010 Draft Class Be One of 49ers Best Ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This last draft has the possibility of helping the Niners solidify several key positions for years to come, however I do not see it coming close to being another 1986 draft.

We will know how good this rookie class is in about 3 years.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
its got potential to be a great draft class but thd niners had a few legendary drafts. and u forgot byham and that 4th for Ginn i would factor in too. its been an awesome draft thats for sure. everyone looks like a keeper. more than we can say for a few of the past drafts, especially that horrible 2008 draft

Agree
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
This last draft has the possibility of helping the Niners solidify several key positions for years to come, however I do not see it coming close to being another 1986 draft.

We will know how good this rookie class is in about 3 years.

If every player drafted makes the roster and both our first rounders are starters from game one, it has to be rated as one of the all-time great drafts. Not THE greatest, but one of the great ones.
Somebody likes to put the wagon in front of the horse
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet.

I really have to thank you for that one man.... i've been laughing for two days..
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Somebody likes to put the wagon in front of the horse

Every draft pick made the roster. I'd say that a pretty good start.
without a doubt it is now our greatest draft class ever.
Answer to question: yes, but we have to wait not three yrs, but at least this yr. It looks like of the guys drafted/acquired, in a yr we may find this to be the equal of the famous 3 starting DB draft. This could be better but give them a yr. A yr only, because I think most of these guys are going to either start or play a lot THIS yr, not 3 yrs out, which would defacto, make this our best draft ever. There are still at least 16 games to play , however, but i see all these guys getting serious PT.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Answer to question: yes, but we have to wait not three yrs, but at least this yr. It looks like of the guys drafted/acquired, in a yr we may find this to be the equal of the famous 3 starting DB draft. This could be better but give them a yr. A yr only, because I think most of these guys are going to either start or play a lot THIS yr, not 3 yrs out, which would defacto, make this our best draft ever. There are still at least 16 games to play , however, but i see all these guys getting serious PT.[/quote

We've got 2 starters already, Williams is our #1 PR, Byham is going to be our H-Back, Bowman is going to be get A LOT of PT behind Spikes with Wilhelm out of the picture. That's 5 out of 8 already positioned for prominent roles on the team. If Gore goes down I'd expect Dixon to get the majority of the carries and if Lewis goes down Mays will see more reps. I think you are right, we'll have a pretty good idea if this is a great draft or not by the end of this season.
Originally posted by tondiman:

I really have to thank you for that one man.... i've been laughing for two days..

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
It is way too early, but we can say with confidence that it was a good draft in terms of addressing areas of need. We can also say that it was a better draft than 2008 and 2009. =)

Peace out Scotty Mac!

Yet not as good as the 2007, 2006 classes.

Anyway, can we at least see AD block ONE speed rusher before we start making grand proclamations?
Originally posted by nannite:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
It is way too early, but we can say with confidence that it was a good draft in terms of addressing areas of need. We can also say that it was a better draft than 2008 and 2009. =)

Peace out Scotty Mac!

Yet not as good as the 2007, 2006 classes.

Anyway, can we at least see AD block ONE speed rusher before we start making grand proclamations?

not really a concern, hardly any speed rushers line up on the strong side, Mathis is an exception

its a qoute, from a movie. the movie is reservoir dogs....look into it. while you are at it checkout true romance. and yes its kinda early to tell.
Originally posted by Shifter:

its a qoute, from a movie. the movie is reservoir dogs....look into it. while you are at it checkout true romance. and yes its kinda early to tell.

I thought it was pulp fiction, it was also in expendables.
i think all our rookies (with the exception of kyle williams) are active for sunday
Share 49ersWebzone