LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

Could 2010 Draft Class Be One of 49ers Best Ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looking over this draft class and how well they are all already playing, could this be one of our best drafts ever? Every one is a winner and looks to be a starter in the near future.

Anthony Davis
Mike Iupati
Taylor Mays
Navarro Bowman
Ted Ginn (for a 5th rd. pick)
Anthony Dixon
Kyle Williams
Phillip Adams
Nate Byham

Of course we'll need 5 years to compare to Bill Walsh's great drafts, but I'm liking what I see and think this draft class will be right up there with them.

Props to Team Singletary/Balke on an amazing draft.
[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Aug 30, 2010 at 3:55 PM ]
they havent even played a regular season game yet.......
byham
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet.
I really like the Anthony Dixon pick. It's just preseason but Dixon is starter material. Can't deny it.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM ]
What happened to Bowman, I've been hearing less and less of him. I thought after McKillop went out, he'd step up.
It is way too early, but we can say with confidence that it was a good draft in terms of addressing areas of need. We can also say that it was a better draft than 2008 and 2009. =)

Peace out Scotty Mac!
Originally posted by susweel:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I really like the Anthony Dixon. It's just preseason but Dixon is starter material. Can't deny it.

Dixon is okay right now, I still thinks he dances too much. Also against the starters he looks very average, he looks a lot better against 2nd and 3rd team guys.

hahaha

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I really like the Anthony Dixon. It's just preseason but Dixon is starter material. Can't deny it.

Dixon is okay right now, I still thinks he dances too much. Also against the starters he looks very average, he looks a lot better against 2nd and 3rd team guys.

I'm not worried about the dancing. All rookies RB do that to some extent. They'll stop when they begin to know what they are doing, what to look for, where to go.
lil bit early.................aint it
Originally posted by Allx9er:
lil bit early.................aint it

You mean declaring this draft class the best ever, even better than the '86 class which included Charles Haley, John Taylor, Tom Rathman, Kevin f*gan, Don Griffin, Steve Wallace, Tim McKyer and Larry Roberts? After they've played 0 games?

Nonsense sir, nonsense.

Um...lets not EVER do that....
its got potential to be a great draft class but thd niners had a few legendary drafts. and u forgot byham and that 4th for Ginn i would factor in too. its been an awesome draft thats for sure. everyone looks like a keeper. more than we can say for a few of the past drafts, especially that horrible 2008 draft
Share 49ersWebzone