LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

JimmyRae, my man

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oh.... And it was pre-season
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by BSacamano:
I'm eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

lmaooo
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I thought it was spelt Jimmy Raye?

lol, you misspelled 'spelled'.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by BSacamano:
I'm eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

lmaooo

so random...
He won't read this cuz either he's asleep in a meetin or he doesn't come to the webzone and if he did he probably wldnt give a horse potato.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i think you need a hobby

I wish I could say different, but I've been coming on here for years. Its the best source hands down for up to date information. While I was in the Army this was the only source I had for years, until they opened a sports bar down the street. I was the only one in a packed bar wearing any 49ers gear. I got in a fight with three eagles fans once.
Wish I could say I won, but I went into the same bar alone the next week wearing my battle scars and my Willis jersey proudly. And no I'm not an a*****e that gets stupid and starts fights.
With that said, I hope Alex takes control of the reigns this year if there is any more headset malfunctions. I'm sure he is not the only one who deals with this problem.
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Aug 31, 2010 at 1:49 PM ]
DNIner, you are, of course, correct in pointing out that this is just pre-season. Unfortunately, we are practicing in preseason what was a common, incredibly dependable crappy performance by coaching staff last yr(Yeah, that includes you bigmike), of not getting plays in early, let alone on time. That frustrates the team doubly in that first it makes alex look inept in not being able to get the team to the line on time, and second, it makes the coaches look even more inept. Bigmike is "big" on being a rah-rah guy, and then he either is complicit in or allows plays to be called essentially like they have been the last 7 yrs. ...Slowly, with wasted TOs, and frustrated players.

One wag said if we get the OL up to the LOS sooner, it will just give them more time to false start. Maybe it is true, but if so, that reflects a gross defect in our HC. You would think MS would force the issue and see to it all plays were in the moment the previous play ended. That would make our QB look like he had his schidt together, maybe catch a few Ds offguards, and maybe, just maybe, make the 49ers look like an elite team once again....instead of a bunch of bozos who have to call TOs in the middle of drives just to get plays in on time.
I am starting to see a time limit to Singletary and Co. Specifically he and Raye. I assume Baalke is a competent man and desiring to be the GM. If so this bumbling act of the coaches won't be tolerated long. I am sure he won't appreciate getting good players to have them play like circus baboons coached by a retard in a clown suit. In some ways, it will be a loss in that Singletary is not without some good traits but he is a chicago bear and Bronko Nagurski clone. Not bright but cement walls are in danger.
I recently have given up on Alex Smith as a QB because he has now had the full time to recover and learn the offense but for all his improvement, it falls way short of what good QBs attain. His penchant for failure is just too high and his passing accuracy requires recievers to have a ten yard radius of reception around them. I think Walsh would have tossed him the first week compared to Joe. Joe as I recall was having to place his balls two feet in front of a racing recievers chest. Alex on bad days can't hit the barn from inside the barn with the doors closed. For whatever reason Alex can't do the job. I think the team is going to set up for a qb.
Nate Davis could be great in time but for this team to reach the heights, they can't p***yfoot around with a loser. They need a top notch qb and they need to allocate the resources to acquire one now. That is why they should trade Aubrayo and try trading some others to get enough assets to get a top qb. I think I have enough faith to trust Baalke's judgment re: a QB. We may need a lot but at this point, I think it is justified. I thought at one point that Alex had not proved he was inadequate, now I am convinced he will not ever be more then mediocre at best. Of all the abilities required passing accuracy is a prime requisite and Steve Young mentioned that too. The rest like athletic ability etc are important but arm and accuracy are the needs. Of course persona is also but unless the arm and accuracy are there it is a waste of time. If we do go for a top QB, I feel the niners need a new coach with a higher level of competency to go along with it. It is doubtful if the niners organization has been keeping an eye open for top talent but
I think if Baalke is who I think he is, he has been building up his portfolio. I think I would like a top coach and a top QB and this team could do wonders.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I thought it was spelt Jimmy Raye?

lol, you misspelled 'spelled'.

FYI:

World English Dictionary
spelt 1 (spɛlt)

— vb
a past tense and past participle of spell

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
DNIner, you are, of course, correct in pointing out that this is just pre-season. Unfortunately, we are practicing in preseason what was a common, incredibly dependable crappy performance by coaching staff last yr(Yeah, that includes you bigmike), of not getting plays in early, let alone on time. That frustrates the team doubly in that first it makes alex look inept in not being able to get the team to the line on time, and second, it makes the coaches look even more inept. Bigmike is "big" on being a rah-rah guy, and then he either is complicit in or allows plays to be called essentially like they have been the last 7 yrs. ...Slowly, with wasted TOs, and frustrated players.

One wag said if we get the OL up to the LOS sooner, it will just give them more time to false start. Maybe it is true, but if so, that reflects a gross defect in our HC. You would think MS would force the issue and see to it all plays were in the moment the previous play ended. That would make our QB look like he had his schidt together, maybe catch a few Ds offguards, and maybe, just maybe, make the 49ers look like an elite team once again....instead of a bunch of bozos who have to call TOs in the middle of drives just to get plays in on time.

My point is that you can't assume that because it's happening in PS that it will happen in the regular Season. I don't remember this being a big issue last year. I do remember it being an issue when Alex was a Noob though...

In Pre-Season, they need to look at who they have in there and what situations they want to put that group in. They are not calling plays based off what they think the D will do, they are looking for how our guys react to a called play and can they execute...

Promethus, let's first see how alex does with a real honest to goodness OL in front of him for his first time ever in the pros. IF he falters with a good OL, then we are in complete agreement. In addition to never having had a good OC, he also never had a decent QB coach, altho MJ hopefully is the man. This is the yr, tho. Do or die for alex this yr. Just a guess? I think he will succeed...or maybe that is just my failed homer self, in that i badly want this team to do well . IF alex still can't hit the barn if he was locked inside it, we are in total agreement.

As for bigmike, again in agreement. He was just what this team needed. If we see more micromanaging, no evidence of improvement in varying the O, no sense of "getting it " re: the O, then this is the start of the end for him also. My initial thots when he was hired were that he was great to get the team back on track, but did he have what it takes to run an O that can win games, or is he just your standard D coach, with no O creativeness. I hope for the former, but fear for the latter.
I was willing to wait till Alex was healed and had a chance to show what he could do but he just is plain inaccurate and he does have other faults. I think we all agree if we do get a top qb, we need a great qb coach and if Sing can't or won't find one then he should go elsewhere and pound the podium. If I were sacriligious, haha I think Singletary should carry a 6 foot cross to beat Raye with and be beaten in return when they make booboos. I suspect both would have to retire from bruises. In Raye's case beating a carcass might be satisfying but useless. You can't even squeeze lemon juice out of a turnip.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone