LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 331 users in the forums

Closer look at Game 3 Offense vs OAK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Very good call on Haralson falling below LaBoy. The chart was actually done a while back, and I altered it bit by bit, yet somehow overlooked that LaBoy is moving on up.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Very good call on Haralson falling below LaBoy. The chart was actually done a while back, and I altered it bit by bit, yet somehow overlooked that LaBoy is moving on up.

If Brooks improves upon last year and Laboy continues what he showed in preseason, then I would consider having both in the game at the same time on 3rd downs. That would be a deadly combo.
Originally posted by Joecool:

If Brooks improves upon last year and Laboy continues what he showed in preseason, then I would consider having both in the game at the same time on 3rd downs. That would be a deadly combo.

I definitely have strong interest in giving the trio of Lawson, Brooks, and LaBoy the majority of snaps... seeing what shakes out from that. Haralson is someone I'd use as a DE in a 4 man front on obvious passing downs. He performs better coming off a 3 point stance.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Oldman:
Can you grade out the different linemen and give us your views of each of them?

hmm... not real fond of overall grades. I typically leave others to their own conclusions, but I'll see about this.

I agree in general. But three games worth of detail is a lot of info to process. Since you have done all of the work I think it would be worth our time to hear your conclusions. It will also be interesting to see how close your conclusions come to Solari, Brown, Raye, and Sing.

Well, I can tell you straight out that this would be my roster going into the season...

* I do think SF will go a different route on a few things though:
- Norris will be our FB with Miller or Caulcrick on the PS
- We will probably try our luck at Boone on the PS
- Demetric Evans will have a roster spot over Mitchell
- Paymah will probably take James' spot at CB

Oldman:
Thank you for your feedback and for your guesses. I agree whole heartedly on your picks. I would alter two picks and that would be to remove Snyder and Haroldson. I recognize that these two players have some positive qualities but their negatives outweigh their positives. I also agree on Evans as well and should be replaced by Mitchell so that he can get some reps. I think it is imperative for us to keep Boone, Briggs, Davis, Adams, Mitchell so that we can keep their energy. I don't want mediocre players on the team.

Thanks again for your feedback. I really do appreciate all of the work that you do.
Share 49ersWebzone