There are 265 users in the forums

Anthony Davis has improved

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by TheAcpHater:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I really want to take this time to laugh at all the people who were furious over us drafting Anthony Davis over Bryan Bulaga (who took word-of-mouth that Anthony Davis was a lazy/unmotivated 3-year project that wouldn't even start this year).

I've been hearing all over ESPN radio that Bryan Bulaga's arms are so meek and small that he'll be a 2nd string guard for the remainder of the season.

Yup, the other night ago I watched Anthony Davis maul Richard Seymour off his ass on a rotational stunt-pickup (with those huge ass arms/quick feet), while Bryan Bulaga couldn't even crack the starting offensive line last Thursday!

Don't try to laugh at them in this thread. They're too busy hiding and crying after looking like fools for whining about his OTA struggles.

I ask again, BillBird, where art thou?

What? You haven't been banned again in your latest reincarnation?

Davis has played exceedingly well. BUT....

It's preseason. It means -- in the great big grand design of things -- absolutely nothing.

Still -- he's getting better. He appears to be a solid pick. You can't really judge a lineman after one or two seasons. If a particular lineman is still making the same mistakes after three full seasons -- where art thou Kwame Harris -- chances are said lineman is going to repeat said mistakes over the course of a career.

Congrats on making an intelligent observation without falling off the wagon.

Yah Im surprised they let him have a name like that.
Originally posted by susweel:
I really want to take this time to laugh at all the people who were furious over us drafting Anthony Davis over Bryan Bulaga (who took word-of-mouth that Anthony Davis was a lazy/unmotivated 3-year project that wouldn't even start this year).

I've been hearing all over ESPN radio that Bryan Bulaga's arms are so meek and small that he'll be a 2nd string guard for the remainder of the season.

Yup, the other night ago I watched Anthony Davis maul Richard Seymour off his ass on a rotational stunt-pickup (with those huge ass arms/quick feet), while Bryan Bulaga couldn't even crack the starting offensive line last Thursday!

Don't try to laugh at them in this thread. They're too busy hiding and crying after looking like fools for whining about his OTA struggles.

It's preseason. It means -- in the great big grand design of things -- absolutely nothing.

Still -- he's getting better. He appears to be a solid pick. You can't really judge a lineman after one or two seasons. If a particular lineman is still making the same mistakes after three full seasons -- where art thou Kwame Harris -- chances are said lineman is going to repeat said mistakes over the course of a career.

Pants has been on a mean streak lately. Perhaps the ice in his heart finally melted.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Pants has been on a mean streak lately. Perhaps the ice in his heart finally melted.

He hates us Bill what are gonna do now, how can we go on ????

Honestly, It's really hard to complain about his play so far. A few false starts and getting beat every once in awhile is normal for veteran OTs, not 20-year old rookies. He is going to be good.

That being said, everyone should expect a false start from him in Seattle for the opener. Just plan on it and hopefully it wont stall a drive. But I am VERY pleased with that "reach" at the 11 spot.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Honestly, It's really hard to complain about his play so far. A few false starts and getting beat every once in awhile is normal for veteran OTs, not 20-year old rookies. He is going to be good.

That being said, everyone should expect a false start from him in Seattle for the opener. Just plan on it and hopefully it wont stall a drive. But I am VERY pleased with that "reach" at the 11 spot.

Yah he will probably struggle with that crowd noise in Seattle. Hopefully the niners running game gets going in that game.

Yah he will probably struggle with that crowd noise in Seattle. Hopefully the niners running game gets going in that game.

if we do win that game the running game is gonna have to dominate for us
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WestCoast:

To me thats a must win game if you look at the early part of schedule.

by how pathetic our division is i dont think its a must win.

its comforting to know that seattle's oline is injured and having trouble again.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

its comforting to know that seattle's oline is injured and having trouble again.

They way I look at it we have to sweep the division or go 5-1 and win about 4 or 5 games outside the division to get into the playoffs.

That 1st game is a must win, we get NO next week on Monday night

Our opening schedule is brutal

If we can't beat Seattle I'm going to have serious worries about our team. I don't think it will be pretty and Seattle always plays us close in their home stadium but we should beat them.

So in that sense I think it's a must win.

They way I look at it we have to sweep the division or go 5-1 and win about 4 or 5 games outside the division to get into the playoffs.

Yeah, what sucks the most is that thanks to Goodell, (unlike previous years) most of our blockbuster division games are all at the end of the season (practically back-to-back), so we gotta dominate outside the NFC West as a fail-safe plan encase other squabbling teams in the division get fat and become 'trap-door' threats towards week 13.

We may look like the '05-'09 Chargers of the AFC West (being labeled the instant lock with every other division team looking like crap), but those f**king Cardinals and Seahawks take pride in f**king us over year after year in some way.

Still -- he's getting better. He appears to be a solid pick. You can't really judge a lineman after one or two seasons.

Red Alert Red Alert! The same guy who pronounced him a "bust" after OTA'S(which is a few practices) thinks that you can't judge a lineman after 1 or 2 seasons.

Is this more hypocrisy? Yes. Another double standard? Most certainly.

Will BillBird ever own up to it? No. He's too chicken to admit he jumped the gun with his stupid ass thread back in OTA'S.

BillBird, if you respond to the double standard you committed I'd have a lot more respect for you, of course you could always go the Shaj route and deny, deny, and deny some more. Ball's in your court.

He hates us Bill what are gonna do now, how can we go on ????

Nuh Nuh No. I don't hate YOU in particular. I hate your posting style which offers no analysis or breakdowns, just a lot of 10 word posts designed to hate on players you don't like. I mean really, any 5 year old could produce better posting quality than yourself. When was the last time you had a post with at least 3 paragraphs in it?

I'mma go ahead and say NEVER. 15,000 posts of pure crap.

Now stick to the topic at hand, Sally.
Lol the internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS
Share 49ersWebzone