LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Parys Haralson a Weak link?...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What's goin on with this guy? I cant help but think that Travis Laboy would be a better alternative at this point. LaBoy causes consistent pressure/ problems and is more mobile that Haralson. Thoughts?
i can put up with haralson being stiff and looking uncomfortable in space as long as he is putting heat on the qb, problem is i'm not seeing him bring the heat
I agree & I could very well see him only coming off the bench by week 3 or 4.
I'll give Haralson alittle more time to prove himself, if not time for a permanent change.....

Michael Lewis is the REAL weak link to the defense.....love his attitude...but he gives up too many big plays, mostly because of his speed.

we need to make a change soon.
I know it's the preseason but Briggs and Laboy look way better at rushing the passer so far. Lets see what happens when Ahmed Brooks comes back.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I'll give Haralson alittle more time to prove himself, if not time for a permanent change.....

Michael Lewis is the REAL weak link to the defense.....love his attitude...but he gives up too many big plays, mostly because of his speed.

I agree Michael Lewis is aging and it sucks having him on passing downs. It makes perfect sense that they drafted Taylor Mays. Hopefully he'll be ready to step in sooner than people think.
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
I know it's the preseason but Briggs and Laboy look way better at rushing the passer so far. Lets see what happens when Ahmed Brooks comes back.

there HAS to be a way we can have BOTH Ahmed Brooks and Laboy rushing the passer in situations...

if Brooks plays like last year and Laboy continues to shine =

we will FINALLY have the pass rushers we have wanted for YEARS now.

it is up to our coaching staff.....

having Brooks, LaBoy, Justin, McDonald all going after the QB .....there has to be a formation where all these guys are on the field at the same time...lol.

Agree. I hate watching Lewis get left in the dust because of his speed.
Could be
La Boy looks like the answer to me.

Yea damn right! Michael Lewis is still sux for real weak link to the defense.. He can't hit hard cuz he is too damn old and retard to playing to read the offense score!
Haralson is another of those guys that teased us with a promise of great things to come, but never really delivered. Let's hope the coaches wake up and make a change before too long. Right now, he's merely an adequate LB and is definitely being outplayed by LaBoy. If anyone should be able to see that, it's Sing.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Yea damn right! Michael Lewis is still sux for real weak link to the defense.. He can't hit hard cuz he is too damn old and retard to playing to read the offense score!

wow, really.

Lewis is our best Safety, face it, Goldson might be overrated, and doesnt deserve 8M a yr, and had 1 good season. While Lewis has been a pro bowl level player for us and the eagles.

I agree Haralson is a weak link, as is ICE, but there isnt anyone better at this moment so were stuck with Sopoaga.
Originally posted by BasharCali49:

Yeah, I agree. I think lawson is playing well, I think the linebacker that needs replaced is haralson. Or, maybe we just need to put him at defensive end?? wasn't that his original position at tennesee? dude isn't fast...how can you be an olb and not be fast?
He hasn’t looked great or produced much this preseason. He’s had only one tackle and zero assists. His stats were about average last season Ranked 112 in the NFL for linebackers. I know OLB’s tend to get less tackles than their middle linebacker counterpart. He had less tackles last season than Mark Roman. I hate Mark Roman! I don’t hate him because he was horrible, but he also shared the same number I wore in High School Football. Thank God he is gone.

In 2008 he had 8 sacks. This is great, but I just don’t see him getting back to form. From what I’ve saw last season and this preseason, I just don’t see that explosiveness. I think we need to get some of that young blood involved more.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want to see him leave. If La Boy can continue to produce, we need to start him immediately. The only thing that concerns me with La Boy is he is injury prone.

With that said, I hope I am wrong. I hope Haralson explodes Week 1, when it matters! I hope all of our new promising pass rushers make the team. I hope they all deliver. After all, there is no such thing as too many pass rushers.
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Aug 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone