LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 173 users in the forums

No Sacks on the Oline?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looks like the Oline has gelled enough to not give up any sacks in this game. That would indicate that they are coming together well. Any feedback on the oline for the Raiders game?
they would look even better if we had better playcalls..

the 2and 1 / 3rd and 1 series of events was lame as hell. ( I guess it was a test to see if we could pick it up during the reg season)
I really wanted to see how we would do with Seymour on their d-line, but we did well, anyhow...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Alex had to roll out a bunch due to poor protection, didn't he?
Originally posted by Shaj:

Yeah that's what i'm saying. He was pressured a lot. I'd say we didn't do that good of a job and i'm sure the coaches will say that. He was forced out of the pocket way to much
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
It was good i thought, besides for a false start here and there. I mean, sure there were 2 or 3 pressures on Smith, but you gotta expect that to happen. No Oline will be perfect. What concerned me was in short yardage situations, like 3rd and 1, they didn't seem to get the push needed.
Let's hope they continue to gel!
Going into the game I was worried that our young oline would have some serious problems. In the previous game that the Raiders played they were getting to the QB all day long. Wimbley had 4 sacks and Richard Seymour usually has a knack to get to the QB. But low and behold Anthony Davis matured right before our eyes. Iupati has looked good from the get go but we all know that it's harder to develop a rookie tackle. Our young oline will only get better with experience. I love the moves we made on draft day. Thank You Trent Baalke.
The Raiders were leading the NFL in sacks through the first two preseason games. Pitching a shutout against them is not bad.
So it looks like Davis will have problems with speed rushers but bull rushers he seems to be able to handle well.

How about Iupati and Rachal?

Got a touchdown out of it, though
Originally posted by adrenaline:

Got a touchdown out of it, though

I remember one other roll out was pretty much caused by a bad snap. Alex had to jump to the right and one hand the snap and that pretty much broke the timing of that play, as well as put him out of the pocket. He didn't really have any other option to extend the play at that point as Davis was getting beat around the corner. Bass can definitely make the shotgun interesting with s**tty snaps like that.
Share 49ersWebzone