LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

An exciting development last night

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last night the Niners consistently attacked the edge of the Raider D with the running game! this will be a HUGE change from last year (71%) when most of our runs were between the tackles. With a failed end arounds to Battle as our main attempt at softening the edges. With Dixon attacking the edge the Raiders were forced to spread out there 8 in the box front, rather then simply stack them over the tackles. Last year teams left the edges open to the run and we ignored it. It looks like we will attack the edges and force teams to play us straight up, this will open up slant passes the short middle crossing routes, and of course the A-gap blast and other "up the gut" runs!

It looks like we may have a real offense after all.
Don't look to last night as any indication of what we will be doing when the season starts. Both teams came out and said that they would be running very vanilla offenses because they play each other in the regular season.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Don't look to last night as any indication of what we will be doing when the season starts. Both teams came out and said that they would be running very vanilla offenses because they play each other in the regular season.

They lied... I bet they threw in a few plays from their book and they still couldn't beat us
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Yup, damn i can't wait for the regular season to start
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Rite there with you
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Rite there with you

I think I'm going to be able to make the Oct 17th game!!!

Are you saying that our 'Vanilla" offense is a better balanced running game, and we will be as boring and predictable this season as we were last season? Huh. I guess, but it sure looked good Dixon and company testing the edges!
Share 49ersWebzone