LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 200 users in the forums

so......no ZRF80 negative posts this week , eh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Amazing! TWO in a row! Maybe he's finally got it. Well, after all, his college coach did say that it takes him a while to learn things and I would say that 5 years is a WHILE.

Now David Carr looks like the old Alex Smith. LOL!

All that needs to happen is for Alex Smith to keep this up in the REGULAR season and the 49er's WILL win their division. If he reverts back to the old Alex, then it becomes a coin toss.

Congrats Mr. Smith!

He's only had 2 years in the same system.

you guys are funny though....most like to say Alex has had a different OC or system, every year since he got here....

but after McCarthy....when Norv left, the MAIN reason most fans and Nolan wanted to keep Holster as OC was because it would be the same Norv Turner system.......but some like to forget that and just blame Holster for Alex's play
Let's not forget the year Hosler took over as the OC, Alex got his shoulder smashed to bits.

sorry guys forgot about that.....

but why do some use Holster as one of the excuses of Alex's lack of development?

they kept him around because of/ for Alex.

Cuz his playbook was worse than Raye's
^^Also, Hostler did not continue Turner's system as originally hoped - his was a hybrid digit/WCO system, IIRC.
Hostler's offense was the worst offense I've ever seen
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Hostler's offense was the worst offense I've ever seen

I loved the statement of "sometimes you have to run the ball even when there are nine men in the box" !!!

That was the stupidest comment I've ever heard from a coach. Most coachs want an audible to a pass play in those situations, but not that dipchit.
I'm sure they'll blame the headset issue on Smith's haircut or something.

"DOOD IT NEVER HAPPENZ TO ANYYEE OTHUR QBEE? HMM...BUSTORZ?"
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Why can't they get the head set thing figured out. The team headquarters is in Silicon Valley and they can't seem to get a play in over a headset. On a positive, I really liked the fact that Smith didn't hesitate to show his frustration over this. Plummer commented that is was good to see Alex show a little fire and emotion.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Why can't they get the head set thing figured out. The team headquarters is in Silicon Valley and they can't seem to get a play in over a headset. On a positive, I really liked the fact that Smith didn't hesitate to show his frustration over this. Plummer commented that is was good to see Alex show a little fire and emotion.

I agree.

I "see" what the reporters have been saying this off season re: Alex's confidence and demeanor (hate that word). The guy just seems more in control now. He doesn't act like he's just "doing his job," etc. He's showing ownership. It's about time.

I agree.

I "see" what the reporters have been saying this off season re: Alex's confidence and demeanor (hate that word). The guy just seems more in control now. He doesn't act like he's just "doing his job," etc. He's showing ownership. It's about time.

how hard is it to break a couple 100$ for a new headset i mean it cant cost more than 500 right?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
same with fly

however sunswel did give him a C in teh grade alex thread

Yah I thought he played average.
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Amazing! TWO in a row! Maybe he's finally got it. Well, after all, his college coach did say that it takes him a while to learn things and I would say that 5 years is a WHILE.

All that needs to happen is for Alex Smith to keep this up in the REGULAR season and the 49er's WILL win their division. If he reverts back to the old Alex, then it becomes a coin toss.

Congrats Mr. Smith!

you guys are funny though....most like to say Alex has had a different OC or system, every year since he got here....

but after McCarthy....when Norv left, the MAIN reason most fans and Nolan wanted to keep Holster as OC was because it would be the same Norv Turner system.......but some like to forget that and just blame Holster for Alex's play
Let's not forget the year Hosler took over as the OC, Alex got his shoulder smashed to bits.

sorry guys forgot about that.....

but why do some use Holster as one of the excuses of Alex's lack of development?

they kept him around because of/ for Alex.

Big part of that lack of development was the Rocky Bernard tackle. That unarguably set Smith back two years. That is why I was so encouraged that he could play the way he did last year after a two year layoff and why I am even more encouraged now.

physically I agree with you.....mentally and proper technique wise, I'm not sure I'm there yet....I'm waiting for the regular season before really judging.

I'll have an idea the first couple of games.....doesn't mean I expect us to win, I''m just going to go off from what I see from Alex.

There is a difference between knowing what to do and knowing how to get it done, then you have being able to physically do it.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Aug 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM ]

I agree.

how hard is it to break a couple 100$ for a new headset i mean it cant cost more than 500 right?

cheap-ass Yorks
We'll probably lose the next game, being the last preseason game and all, as well as it being a short week.

Thursday night spammin
Originally posted by susweel:
same with fly

however sunswel did give him a C in teh grade alex thread

Yah I thought he played average.

Better than the F+ from last week!

Congrats Mr. Smith!

He played three healthy games under Hostler and the Niners won two of them.

STOP STOP STOP.

Alex looked bad in the two wins. We got lucky against the Rams and the Cardinals came out and stunk it up worse than we did.

The main reason I get on people about Alex is because they over-credit him whenever something goes right and they make excuses for him whenever something goes wrong.

That being said, Alex has looked great in the last 2 games. He's starting to show many of the things I noted he must improve on. He seems to be reading defenses much better than before, he looks more poised in the pocket, his accuracy is getting better and he seems to not lock on receivers as often. I don't want to overdo it when crediting what he's done because it's only preseason and nobody shows their hands offensively or defensively, but he has looked better than he ever has before.

What I find funny is some of you act like there was never a reason to be worried. That's an absolute joke. Up until these last two preseason games, Alex has always given reason to doubt. The preseason doesn't mean much, as we all know, but it's nice to see him improve on some of the things he didn't do well.

As I've said before, I've always wanted him to succeed, but he gave more than enough reason to think he wouldn't.
Share 49ersWebzone