LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Will Patrick Willis Lead the league in sacks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Patrick Willis Lead the league in sacks?

Most opposing qb's injured? yes
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Patrick Willis is reaching the status of a Lawrence Taylor - unstoppable. He is becoming such a force that he makes everyone around him better. That is the true mark a star player of his generation. Put simply he cannot be contained. As the team finds success the rest of the country will take notice. He must send shivers to opposing quarterbacks watching him across the line of scrimmage.

A better comparison would be Ray Lewis.

In terms of changing the game, I don't think Patrick Willis is close to how Lawrence Taylor changed the game. Taylor was the reason that LTs are different in their job description than RTs, where LTs need to be the best pass protector and basically the best overall OT in the team. Taylor's specialty of rushing from the QBs blind side simply changed how the game was played.

You should Quote "The Blind Side" movie. This was what the opening scene was about.
He is a middle LB bud....
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Patrick Willis is reaching the status of a Lawrence Taylor - unstoppable. He is becoming such a force that he makes everyone around him better. That is the true mark a star player of his generation. Put simply he cannot be contained. As the team finds success the rest of the country will take notice. He must send shivers to opposing quarterbacks watching him across the line of scrimmage.

A better comparison would be Ray Lewis.

In terms of changing the game, I don't think Patrick Willis is close to how Lawrence Taylor changed the game. Taylor was the reason that LTs are different in their job description than RTs, where LTs need to be the best pass protector and basically the best overall OT in the team. Taylor's specialty of rushing from the QBs blind side simply changed how the game was played.

You should Quote "The Blind Side" movie. This was what the opening scene was about.

Haven't seen the movie yet. I wish I could.

My comment was based on an article I read in Sports Illustrated about how LT revolutionized the OLB position.
Tackles - yes, no question. Dude is always around the ball.
Sacks - not a chance.
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
did the little piggy go wee wee wee all the way home???

WEE WEE WEE WEEE WEEEE
Originally posted by sacniner:

Duh. Your mama backs her middle line to my center.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Ninertalk at it's finest!

nah, it's even finer when you read the Alex Smith is on the Aikman/Young/Plunkett track threads.
No flippin way.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

Oh, sorry guy. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence... I mean lack of intelligence.

MLBs don't lead the league in sacks. If you would like to know why please ask. I'm here to help educate the kids.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Most opposing qb's injured? yes

This
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

Oh, sorry guy. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence... I mean lack of intelligence.

MLBs don't lead the league in sacks. If you would like to know why please ask. I'm here to help educate the kids.

Tell that to Patrick Willis. He's currently tied with Laboy with 2 sacks on our team. With less snaps. I'm just saying it could happen. In no means did you insult me. If you're insulting anyone, it's Patrick Willis.

There's no need to ask you because you obviously are a numbers, stick to the trends kind of guy. You will never think outside of what history has proven, and just because something hasn't happened it never will. That kind of thinking is cool i guess, if you're a follower. So keep following because you will never lead in anything. Thank you have a good day.
I suppose it could be possible if we ran a ton of MLB blitzes this year. But I really don't think that will happen.
Ninertalk at it's finest!

teehee
nvm
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Aug 29, 2010 at 6:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone