LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Will Patrick Willis Lead the league in sacks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Patrick Willis Lead the league in sacks?

I love me some Patrick Willis and it would be amazing and not totally out of the question for him to accomplish this. He sets expectations and I haven't heard him mentioning this but I'm sure it's one of his goals. If so, qbs are in for a lot of pain.
[ Edited by baybreaker707 on Aug 29, 2010 at 8:10 AM ]
No
Triple crown

Sacks, Ints, and Tackles
Ninertalk at it's finest!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
No

This
Patrick Willis is reaching the status of a Lawrence Taylor - unstoppable. He is becoming such a force that he makes everyone around him better. That is the true mark a star player of his generation. Put simply he cannot be contained. As the team finds success the rest of the country will take notice. He must send shivers to opposing quarterbacks watching him across the line of scrimmage.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Patrick Willis is reaching the status of a Lawrence Taylor - unstoppable. He is becoming such a force that he makes everyone around him better. That is the true mark a star player of his generation. Put simply he cannot be contained. As the team finds success the rest of the country will take notice. He must send shivers to opposing quarterbacks watching him across the line of scrimmage.

A better comparison would be Ray Lewis.

In terms of changing the game, I don't think Patrick Willis is close to how Lawrence Taylor changed the game. Taylor was the reason that LTs are different in their job description than RTs, where LTs need to be the best pass protector and basically the best overall OT in the team. Taylor's specialty of rushing from the QBs blind side simply changed how the game was played.
It's not his primary responsibility in this defense.
did the little piggy go wee wee wee all the way home???
No he will not, wouldn't be at all surprised if he has more picks than sacks and leads the lead in tackling. While it's fun to watch him pummel opposing QB's, it's not his primary responsibility - we need our DL and OLB's getting to the QB and free up Willis to terrorize opposing running backs.

And he's NOT the second coming of Lawrence Taylor, he's a GREAT LB that makes our whole defense better but Taylor literally changed the game and there's not likely to be another like him any time soon.

I think he will get more sacks this year then he did his previous 3 years in the league, BUT i don't think he will lead the league in sack.
If we keep blitzing our LB's like that, teams will call us glitchers and give up playing.
No

Have to agree!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Triple crown

Sacks, Ints, and Tackles

Sacks,tackles,and forced fumbles.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No
Share 49ersWebzone