LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Our DB's are TERRIBLE!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our DB's definitely had a bad game , when the regular season gets here I hope we can help this bunch with more sacks and QB pressures.
Last year we were crying about our pass rush, and when the season started we were getting after it. I'm sure with some scheming we might be ok.

either that, or we bench tarrell "10 yards off" brown, and play philip adams.
Originally posted by NinerMD:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
If you think he is a shutdown corner, you had better think again.

$54 million doesn't buy you an *above average* DB???

He's barely average right now, he's DEFINITELY not worth what he's making and I don't think he's even the best CB on our roster...

What game are you watching? He's by far not the worst CB out there. We have bigger problems than him in the secondary.
This area has me deeply concerned. I know it's just preseason and all but we are going to get lite up big time this year if they play like this. Missing assignments, not knowing the coverages, not knowing who has what responsibllity. I mean it's just terrible. It looks like they don't even practice.

At this pace good offenses will post 50 points on us...

It's a shame because honestly for the first time Alex looks better and the O Line although young and full of mistakes appears to be bigger, more athletic and better. And we have some weapons now. But it might all go down the drain with these DB's. I am seriously worried about that defensive backfield. You could go from the 10 - 6 or 11 - 5 that I thought may be possible all the way down to a top 10 pick. That's how bad our defensive backfield is going to burn us if it doesn't get fixed.

We fixed a lot of parts of the team and now we have another bad part again.
Definitely have to draft one or two next year
Think the point about Clements is he's not performing to the level of his pay. Not much alternative to him right now. I wish it were like Madden and we could trade him and a first rounder for Revis. Don't think the niners would mind paying him. Oh well, reality sucks. We've always gotten lit up in the air so I don't think the worry is unwarranted. Let's hope we can land a good corner to replace Clements in next years draft
guess we're all tired of the 'miscommunication' excuses
The one thing that bugs me about 49ers DB's is the fact that they line up 10 yards off the wr's, allowing quick passes/screens/slants/come back routes to develope. Move the F**k up and bump someone, throw off the timing. Always giving up the play then moving up, then moving back. Maybe its cause their slow, or dont trust the over the top help. Idk; that needs to be fixed.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
The one thing that bugs me about 49ers DB's is the fact that they line up 10 yards off the wr's, allowing quick passes/screens/slants/come back routes to develope. Move the F**k up and bump someone, throw off the timing. Always giving up the play then moving up, then moving back. Maybe its cause their slow, or dont trust the over the top help. Idk; that needs to be fixed.

That's a Manusky staple though and counter to what Spencer/Clements do best which is be fysical at the LOS.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Our best corner was out. meh

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I've always been worried. Clements is slow and Spencer who was never a burner is coming off an ACL. We just got to hope we aren't playing alot of elite recievers. It could get ugly.
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
lol its preseason..

That is played out man. Our secondary should be playing way better than what they should be. Manusky will have these guys right by week one.
i thought our corners played physical at the los

but lets face it our Passing D was 20th in the league last year

havent shown anything in the preseason to change that
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
should have drafted Akwasi Owusu-Ansah or Brian Jackson

START Phillip Adams

cmon i love the guy but start him over clements and spencer...a little too early to say that

Im just trying to start a movement
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
lol its preseason..

That is played out man. Our secondary should be playing way better than what they should be. Manusky will have these guys right by week one.

BINGO! I was screamin at the tv wondering why we play 10 yards off the ball giving up 5 to 6 yards every pass attempt. Contrary to what the Raiders run. They were right up on the WR daring them to beat them. If you're gonna get beat then get beat. Dont just give up 5 to 7 yards a pop cause we afraid of the deep ball... DB's gotta step up.
Share 49ersWebzone