LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Grade Alex Smith's performance in game 3 @ Oakland...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Alex Smith's performance in game 3 @ Oakland...

i give it an A

especially considering no crabtree and no vernon once again...
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by skynet907:
if only the votes were public, so that we know who to scrutinize.

If it were public then the guys that voted F would be exposed for the troll raider fans they are.

it's obviously fly

Can he account for 3%? I mean it is obvious he is one of the ACP.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
did n e one else feel he tried to force the ball into tight coverage a few times?
I'm Hype!
WE NEED TO RELAY THE PLAYS IN QUICKER! Someone get Jimmy Raye a "5 Hour Energy" if necessary.

Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
He's been looking better each week.

Agreed.

A-
Originally posted by JMC52:
did n e one else feel he tried to force the ball into tight coverage a few times?

yeah, but he completed those!!!!
Originally posted by thojess:
I thought he looked sharp. Passes were crisp and on the mark. One thing though, why do we seem to drop more balls than any team in the league? I swear this team has more balls hit hands and go incomplete than any team I watch. Maybe its my imagination, but lots of catchable balls are falling incomplete.

It was the same way last year. I suspect Coach Sing's aggro "let's be 'fisical'" style of coaching isn't conducive to nice soft hands.
He's improving every game, getting production without his top 3 scoring threats, and has shown a keen grasp of the offense (for the first time since his college days). Thought today was his best game and deserves an A

Only the Walker throw. I thought that one was a bit of a gamble.

Other than that, I thought he had a solid night. I personally give him a B.

-9fA

they just gotta keep at it and keep learning
Looks like he has a firm grasp of this offense. He uses his check downs and second and third options comfortably...
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I wouldn't call that forcing it either. That was one on one with a lot of hang time on the ball, basically he's throwing that ball when he sees one on one. That defender made a great play on the ball... but you still make that throw when you get the match-up you want.
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I wouldn't call that forcing it either. That was one on one with a lot of hang time on the ball, basically he's throwing that ball when he sees one on one. That defender made a great play on the ball... but you still make that throw when you get the match-up you want.

Good point - and I guess that's what Smith saw as well. But yeah that throw was really the only one that I would sort of question.

-9fA
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Aug 28, 2010 at 9:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone