LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Grade Alex Smith's performance in game 3 @ Oakland...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Alex Smith's performance in game 3 @ Oakland...

9/15 for 113 yards with 1 TD. Alex Smith's passer rating was 105.7!

I definitely give this one an A. Again, Alex continues to show good pocket presence and did well on converting 3rd downs.

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 29, 2010 at 1:57 AM ]
In between the drops and the stupid downfield illegal block by Morgan on the Walker catch, I'm impressed.
Me likey.
A - No Davis and Crabtree two weeks in a row and Alex is still effective.
Awesome. 17 votes and someone has already voted an F...
Alex Smith was awesome given the talent he had to deal with tonight. He showed great poise/place, and knew where he was in this game (he's no longer the lost deer in the headlights). Dude made moves when he had to.

Also loved seeing Smith cuss out the coaching staff for the delay of play-calling upstairs. -Alex even audibled on that huge Delanie Walker play (in which Morgan almost muffed with that illegal block).

I think Alex is to the point he's so comfortable and confident with the offense that he's ready to go rogue and tell Raye to go f**k himself when s**t hits the fan with the horrible playcalling.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Alex Smith was awesome given the talent he had to deal with tonight. He showed great poise/place, and knew where he was in this game (he's no longer the lost deer in the headlights). Dude made moves when he had to.

Also loved seeing Smith cuss out the coaching staff for the delay of play-calling upstairs. -Alex even audibled on that huge Delanie Walker play (in which Morgan almost muffed with that illegal block).

I think Alex is to the point he's so comfortable and confident with the offense that he's ready to go rogue and tell Raye to go f**k himself when s**t hits the fan with the horrible playcalling.

he played excellent despite our WR inability to get open

on a side note OL looks very good 100x better than last year
I wanna give him an A. The numbers look like an A for sure but I didn't actually see the game because we didn't get the game here. Hopefully it comes on NFL network soon.

...Oh what the hell, I'll give him an A anyway.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I wanna give him an A. The numbers look like an A for sure but I didn't actually see the game because we didn't get the game here. Hopefully it comes on NFL network soon.

watch the game at 9 on the CW should be ch 44 or 12

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

That's what we need him to do. It doesn't appear our coaching staff knows offense from a hole in someone's A$$.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Aug 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Best he has looked all preseason.

B+
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

The game is also due to be shown on NFL Network Sunday night (08/28) @ 11pm ET/8pm PT.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Thanks!!!
Quote:
MaioccoCSN: Alex Smith on the 49ers' O-line: "The only time I got hit was actually one of my calls. I should have made a different call there."
Share 49ersWebzone