Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Smith exhibited a Joe Montana-like cool

Talk about exaggeration!

What makes you think it was exaggeration? Your personal feelings about Smith, or did you see something that no one else did? He did look cool, calm and collected during that drive. He wasn't breaking the pocket and playing wild, he made good reads and threw the ball accurately. This was against the first team D, I guess since he didn't go all madden and throw a 60 yard bomb behind Ginn he isn't any good.

I feel like you're presuming a lot with your comments.

I'm not willing to compare Smith engineering a drive in the preseason to the greatest QB ever.

if im not mistaken i dont think they are comparing the drives they are comparing the composure of the two players which IMO is ok

+1, /thread

But don't you think that's a stretch? I'm all for AS succeeding and hopefully becoming a great NFL QB but I think that comparison is a bit much. No biggie, just a quote in an article.

If I cut my hair like Joe Montana's...I have Montana-esque hair...if I have a similar throwing delivery as Joe Montana...I have a Montana-esque delivery.

You're looking waaay too deeply into a minor comparison. He was cool under pressure, as was Joe Montana throughout his career.

He didn't say he has Montana-like career potential.

anyone else think thomas clayton was roger craigesque
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by crzy:
I thought you mean drilled like this

lol

loll

If the hit will not make him skittish playing QB the rest of this season, then he's a tough guy. But our guy is tougher! He drillz!

[ Edited by 49ERSAM on Aug 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Smith exhibited a Joe Montana-like cool

Talk about exaggeration!

What makes you think it was exaggeration? Your personal feelings about Smith, or did you see something that no one else did? He did look cool, calm and collected during that drive. He wasn't breaking the pocket and playing wild, he made good reads and threw the ball accurately. This was against the first team D, I guess since he didn't go all madden and throw a 60 yard bomb behind Ginn he isn't any good.

I feel like you're presuming a lot with your comments.

I'm not willing to compare Smith engineering a drive in the preseason to the greatest QB ever.

if im not mistaken i dont think they are comparing the drives they are comparing the composure of the two players which IMO is ok

+1, /thread

But don't you think that's a stretch? I'm all for AS succeeding and hopefully becoming a great NFL QB but I think that comparison is a bit much. No biggie, just a quote in an article.

If I cut my hair like Joe Montana's...I have Montana-esque hair...if I have a similar throwing delivery as Joe Montana...I have a Montana-esque delivery.

You're looking waaay too deeply into a minor comparison. He was cool under pressure, as was Joe Montana throughout his career.

He didn't say he has Montana-like career potential.

It's always nice to see a level of comprehension and maturity here on the zone

Originally posted by juycho:
Sounds like THE EVOLUTION OF ALEX SMITH.

Just like Crocoduck
Mine is an old and feeble mind, but am I correct in remembering that Smith was reduced to calling his own plays due to a similar comms malfunction last season? And stretching the ol' noggin a bit, wasn't it during the 3rd quarter in Indy?

Share 49ersWebzone