LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

One thing CARR and DAVIS have over Smith...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Wasn't there a kicker on the Bills in the early 90s who wore a double helmet? People don't realize what a pioneer that guy was.

Oh you mean like our own Steve Wallace did back in the day?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Helmet Style!

Those things Davis and Carr were wearing on Sunday were badass!

Couldn't find a good pic due to laziness and so if you see one throw it up here!

also they get a paycheck and dont have to do s**t
Carr's helmet is the worst helmet ever!
You know you are reaching the bottom of the barrel when you have a topic on helmet styles. As long as they play well they could be playing with leather helmets for all I care.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Wasn't there a kicker on the Bills in the early 90s who wore a double helmet? People don't realize what a pioneer that guy was.

~Ceadder

Yeah, the guy on the Bills was Steve Tasker. They wore it to prevent concussions.

Don't let Madden see one. He'd talk about it all game.
I think Carrs helmet looks pretty dope. Does Nate have the same one??? I haven't really paid attention to him.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Carr's helmet makes him look like a Klingon: not good.

. . . that was one of the first things that came to mind . . . "His helmet looks like a Klingon head"
Haha....could be worse - Remember that cap/shell/mushroom top that Steve Wallace used to wear?? That thing stood out like a bull in a china shop
Originally posted by NinerNate:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

Yeah, the guy on the Bills was Steve Tasker. They wore it to prevent concussions.

Don't let Madden see one. He'd talk about it all game.

INFO FAIL.

It wasn't Steve Tasker. It was Mark Kelso, safety for the Buffalo Bills.

I don't like them. I like the old school helmet like Smith wears.

or this would also be acceptable.

Originally posted by mcbeevy:

That was just awesome. That is almost as cool as the argyle bowtie

• DJD
  • Veteran
Something about the new uniform that has really been bugging me is helmet ridge sticker on these newly shaped helmets. It leaves a gap at the indention at the back of the helmet and just looks frumpy. Found it tuff to find a clear photo but this one has an example being worn by 6_ in the red jersey there. (sorry can't figure out exactly who that is) (I think it's Baas)
[ Edited by DJD on Aug 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone