There are 252 users in the forums

Will we get a look at Jarret Brown this preseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will we get a look at Jarret Brown this preseason?

Although I feel like our pieces are in place as far as 1,2 and 3, just out of curiosity, I would like to see this guy play.
Probably in the last game and that's it.
Good question. I can't see the 9ers not putting on the field. Carr is set at #2 and Davis is the #3. I believe Brown will play against the Raiders or Chargers, if not both.
Would really be exciting to see what he's got. Looked crazy in the highlights I saw on youtube. Could be a dangerous wildcat weapon.
Originally posted by gato80:
Probably in the last game and that's it.

This.
when's the first cut down? I haven't heard anything interesting about the guy from the various news reports, which would indicate there isn't anything to report about him.
If you go to the game, and get a field pass, then you might see him. Otherwise, I wouldn't bet on it.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
when's the first cut down? I haven't heard anything interesting about the guy from the various news reports, which would indicate there isn't anything to report about him.

about a week
Why would they want to play him? If he has shown potential in practice then putting him in a game could jeopardize sneaking him onto the practice squad.
I think it is smart to NOT put him out there if he is good. This gives us a shot at having him clear waivers and snatching him up for our practice squad.

Unlike the Vikings who put that track star QB with the big hands on the field against us, they now have to keep him or lose him!

Probably the 2nd half of the last game.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think it is smart to NOT put him out there if he is good. This gives us a shot at having him clear waivers and snatching him up for our practice squad.

Unlike the Vikings who put that track star QB with the big hands on the field against us, they now have to keep him or lose him!

Interesting take, I buy it. If he's already shown anything in practice, then we know what we have and don't want others to know, but if he hasn't, then we'll have to play him and find out what he can do.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Interesting take, I buy it. If he's already shown anything in practice, then we know what we have and don't want others to know, but if he hasn't, then we'll have to play him and find out what he can do.

Yes but with the reality that he wouldn't play at all this year and next year why rush him on the field?
Who?
Game 4 we might see him for a quarter with the starters not playing. That being said not sure if we have ever had a running QB (besides Young). Wildcat QBs are not our style... he might get put on the practice squad but I'd rather he didn't. We have a lot of guys who I'd rather see on it than a 4th QB.
Share 49ersWebzone