Jean-Francois/Franklin

Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
this thread is retarded.

so is your well thought out response lol

Daniel, a well thought out response to trading our starting Nose Tackle isn't possible.

The whole thought is....retarded.

It ain't madden, if you have someone who can play the nose in a 3/4 you keep him. If RJF continues to play well, awesome, it gives us a little leverage come contract time and some insurance is Franklin goes down.

please excuse the retarded thread, for a second there, i thought maybe an additional 2nd round pick, would be great considering that i havent seen that much of a drop of at the NT positiion. stupid me lol

And what are the odds that a 2nd round pick will actually end up being as good a player as Franklin? 20%? 30%? NTs rarely make it through the season without getting dinged anyway. We need Franklin this year. RJF coming along is great, but Franklin is a better player right now.

Franklin aint $^&t! right now!!!! until he signs, then after he signs his dumbass will get hurt for not practicing!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thojess:
this thread is retarded.

so is your well thought out response lol

Daniel, a well thought out response to trading our starting Nose Tackle isn't possible.

The whole thought is....retarded.

It ain't madden, if you have someone who can play the nose in a 3/4 you keep him. If RJF continues to play well, awesome, it gives us a little leverage come contract time and some insurance is Franklin goes down.

please excuse the retarded thread, for a second there, i thought maybe an additional 2nd round pick, would be great considering that i havent seen that much of a drop of at the NT positiion. stupid me lol

And what are the odds that a 2nd round pick will actually end up being as good a player as Franklin? 20%? 30%? NTs rarely make it through the season without getting dinged anyway. We need Franklin this year. RJF coming along is great, but Franklin is a better player right now.

Franklin aint $^&t! right now!!!! until he signs, then after he signs his dumbass will get hurt for not practicing!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

He's working out on his own and Sing is confident that he'll come to camp in shape, good enough for the head coach is good enough for me.

He is trying to ensure that he stays healthy by skipping camp, he needs to play the whole year at a high level to get the $ he's looking for.

Franklin is on the same page as the rest of the team.
[ Edited by pdxredandgold on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:06 PM ]
No need to trade anyone. It's a long season and we need all the depth that we can get. I do love the fact that RJF Is coming into his own. He looks great for a 7th rounder.
Maybe we can throw in this personnel for a few plays on the defensive line:

McDonald-------RJF-------Franklin---------Justin Smith

Originally posted by Joecool:
Maybe we can throw in this personnel for a few plays on the defensive line:

McDonald-------RJF-------Franklin---------Justin Smith

that could be really good if we bring Willis up the middle, otherwise move McDonald in place of Franklin (since hes not really a downhill rusher) and put Parys/Brooks/Laboy/Briggs in that spot. (whoever proves to be the best speed rushing end)
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Emergence? Ive yet to see the man take a regular season snap. Let's see how he plays when it counts and then we can discuss possibilities

Exactly It's pre season folks.

Yep - waaaaaay too early to declare RJF a starter.
with the emergence of JF, it looks like we have already found our replacement for franklin next year. we should be looking for trade frankin as soon as he signs, and get something in return for him this year. i doubt we get a first rounder for him, but i will be happy as hell with a second rounder. thoughts?

i like the idea, not to mention he hasnt came to camp so he is probably out of shape and a 1 year contract year wonder, im over his ass
with the emergence of JF, it looks like we have already found our replacement for franklin next year. we should be looking for trade frankin as soon as he signs, and get something in return for him this year. i doubt we get a first rounder for him, but i will be happy as hell with a second rounder. thoughts?

The 49ers do not see Franklin as the long term NT and that's the reason why they didn't sign him to a contract and tagged him instead.If they do not find a suitable replacement for him next year then they will probably tag him again.

No way the 49ers trade him,a big key to the D last year and will be this year.
I do like RJF he's looked pretty good so far.

Go Niners
[ Edited by Super5 on Aug 25, 2010 at 7:54 PM ]