LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Iupati & Davis: Too Much Pre Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Iupati & Davis: Too Much Pre Season?

Let's be honest. It's a long season, especially for NFL rookies that are use to short practices and a much shorter season. If Davis and Iupati really are going to be the starters this year, does it make sense to have them in 3 quarters of every preseason game? What if we do make the playoffs? As it stands, they are effectively playing a 20 game season. I know they need reps, but I'm also concerned they wont have any gas left in the tank when we really need them. Anyone have any input or examples of how other top rookie Olineman where brought along?
why wouldnt they have any gas left playing and taking a week break before playing should be fine and as rookies they could use all the practice they can get they are big boys its not like they are small RBs out there theyll be fine come playoff time
  • Chief
  • Veteran
This is football, leave the god damn skirt at home.
Hell no!!! They need the reps.
Originally posted by Chief:

says the little boy blogging from his coach in his underwear....
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Dude, are you looking in my window?

Did you bring your skirt?

I got this really neat software that allows you to turn on someones web cam without them knowing. BTW, get your hand out of your pants.....
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
when sing see's them where they are suppose to be, the reps will decrease. They are doing "ok", but they need a tad more work to get used to NFL speed. Plus we have very reliable back-up at their respective positions in Bass and Snyder.

I got this really neat software that allows you to turn on someones web cam without them knowing. BTW, get your hand out of your pants.....

[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Aug 24, 2010 at 7:18 PM ]
I agree. It's bad enough that a lot of rookies hit the "wall" towards the end of the season
Hell no. They're young and for the Benjamins they just signed for they better be able to distinguish themselves from their counterparts who didn't get drafted in the 1st round by doing what they cannot do ergo play 3 qtrs in preseason and make it through the season. Sing isn't into excuses.
I am not sure how to answer the poll question, since I am not sure what the question is.

Yes, they should be playing 3/4 of the game because they need the reps

or

No, they aren't playing to much in the preseason, because they need the reps

Regardless. The only way Davis and Iupati are going to adjust to the NFL is by playing... a lot.

So they'll be ready when the season begins.
They are kids, they should be full of energy. Let them play. What they need is experience, not rest.
Share 49ersWebzone