LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Fanatical Reactionaries and Critics or Why Niner Talk Sucks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
There's nothing wrong with Morgan or Smith's arm.

what is this crap? Madden 1995?

i dont know, but it makes me want to throw up... big time.....
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Look at this post, made by what probably is a clueless fan (yet thinks he is a know-it-all) who probably wanted Vernon Davis cut in 2008 and Shaun Hill to be the starter last year at this time (I know those were majority postions help by many people who I couldn't help but laugh at on a daily basis). Guess what, I was violently opposed to both positions which were held by many "self-proclaimed 49er experts". Are you one of blind homers who thinks Josh Morgan is a talent that belongs on the field? I would assume so if you think it is absurd to ask whether or not Zeigler (a superior route runner with better hands) has a chance to take over the #2 spot.

In two seasons (28 games) Josh Morgan has 72 receptions for 846 yards and 6 TDs. They're not terrible numbers, but they're not great either. They break down to 2.5 receptions and 30 yards per game with a less than 25% chance of catching a TD pass. In fact, he should have 2 more TDs on that tally, but he dropped one wide open TD pass from Hill and got caught on what looked to be a sure TD against the Falcons last season because he didn't finish his run to the endzone. In Week 1 of the 2008 season he also alligator armed a TD pass from O'Sullivan at Seattle, but I forgave him because it was his first game.

As for Joe Nedney, why is it ridiculous to look for another kicker? Neil Rackers was cut by the Cardinals last season. He was 16/17 from FG range, with his lone miss coming from beyond 40 yards. Meanwhile, Joe Nedney was 17/21, with one of those misses coming from just over 30 yards. Rackers isn't great at kicking the ball off either, but he is better than Nedney. I understand that it is harder to make FGs in SF than most places, but I'm sure Rackers and many other kickers are up to the task. And as I said in the OP of the Nedney thread, he has admitted to suffering from severe pain in his kicking leg. Doesn't it seem like his time is running thin?

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I can't stand all of the arrogant and ignorant 49er fans who post on these message boards. "Heitmann is god!" "Shaun Hill is the best QB we have had since Young!" "Vernon Davis sucks and is the worst pick ever!" "Alex Smith will never be anything!" "Nedney should be a 49er until he is 65!" Please... anyone who insults me better be prepared to back up their points because I don't lose many arguments.

why did you repost some things you already said? Your point was made

ADHD?
Originally posted by Blitz:
Wait, we already did that. Hmmm, I have the answer:

Fire his ass again!

Call him up and remind him he's been fired.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
You sound like a MOD.
Those threads aren't as bad as you're suggesting.

Parys Haralson sucks and the only reason why he's on the team is because we don't have a legitimate WILL.

Nedney is going on 60 right now.

Morgan isn't anything special. He's the new Arnaz Battle. He can block.

Smith doesn't have a bad arm at all, but he does have a career 6.0 YPC and that's about as pathetic as it gets. He just hasn't been able to get the ball down the field, whether that's a lack of accuracy, slow/bad receivers, and poor protection you can at least see how someone could fall for that misconception.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 24, 2010 at 5:03 PM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:
You sound like a MOD.

Here is my problem with views like RedRathmans and others who basically state things that boil down to the following.....

"You can't come to that conclusion yet"
"Its too predictive"
"Its too immature"

Basically many opinions on zoners posts boil down to the above major complaints.

While I certainly understand their points, what I have never been able to quite comprehend, is what exactly are they trying to learn on 49erswebzone.com????

In other words, of what value does knowing which Niner players and coaches have exhausted all their chances and have fallen into the MUST replace soon; .....when EVERYBODY already knows that??????

That is a MAJOR question I have for some zoners.

Aren't we here for precisely that reason......to be speculative?

If I added this post right now........

"Hey Guys, boy that Kwame Harris really sucked huh.....and that Rashaun Woods pick was really horrible, or even more recently.....what the hell was up with Balmer"

What VALUE does that contribute to the forum?

Myself, I will always appreciate speculative posts. Sometimes, if they seem to be reasonably thought out predictions, I will use this forum to help me prepare for the probabilities that this beloved Franchise is going to put me through.

I think we have far too many people on here who just because they can not cope with the idea of a predicted reality, they get all bent out of shape.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Fire his ass again!

I think in his heart Nolan will always be "the face of the franchise."
But why male models?
Originally posted by redrathman:

So who else can't wait for September 12th? If you've spent two minutes in Niner Talk this week, you'd know they certainly can't wait.

Don't know what I'm talking about?

Can you see Zeigler becoming our #2?, Dashon Goldson couldnt, Is Nedney's job at risk?, Whats up with Josh Morgan!?, Cut Parys Haralson?, What's Wrong With The Running Game?, Parys the problem? and smiths arm.

So What? The Webzone isn't Russia.
I truly believe that anyone with an opinion should have the right to express it without restrictions. However, the posts in question are by men and women (alright, not women) with enough brain functionality to sit down at a computer, turn it on and navigate the internet, but not quite enough to see the flawed logic in using the NFL Preseason as an exact barometer for judging talent, ability and success. I have a problem with fans openly criticizing or championing certain players based solely on training camp chatter and a few quarters of Preseason play. It's naive, immature and dangerous to initiate reactionary discussions if you don't fully understand the context of the situation.

I'm Just a Fanatic Optimist / Pessimist, Redrathman. Leave me alone.
I get it. You've got to be the first guy to scoop a theory (and you won't get tricked ever again!). You've recorded every 49ers since '89 and you spend all week breaking down game film. Your fandome is fantastically time consuming and the team loves you for it. Everyone else, including your dog, hates you for it. We don't want to read your lunatic fringe theories on Mike Singletary's vocal tones cross-referenced with the wrinkles on Jimmy Raye's forehead. Ultimately, your theories always lead back to your already made up opinion on whatever you've decided is wrong with the San Francisco 49ers.

Don't Stop Posting
The eclectic mix of opinions and knowledge levels make this place amazing. I've tried a half dozen forums, and they just simply don't compare. If you feel the desire to start a post, simply consider the following questions beforehand:

1. Am I facilitating new discussion about a topic that can't go into another thread?

2. Have I thought through my logic and checked my facts?

3. Will this post be relevant next month?

Happy Posting, Friends.

Ok bro.... most ppl here do think about what they post here, that's why we take time out of our lives to post things. Its not that we are posting things to say that our beloved niners suck, it's simply pointing out things that are awesome about our team, and things that simply need improvement. I understand that some of the negativity has you flustered, but when a team like our's finally has the ability to legitimately contend in the NFL, and take the NFC west for the first time in like 8 years, can you really be upset at some people being a little pessimistic? It's the name of the game brotha, if you don't like the post's her is a great idea! "Don't read threads with subjects you think will piss you off enough to write a post like this! Go Niners!

P.S

I was the idiot who wrote the Dashon Couldn't thread......but it seams that a couple other people agree with what i wrote as well!

article on tackling

espn

So ouch guess it's not me just going off drunken talk after a club or something, guess there is some truth behind it huh?

P.P.S

I still love goldson and everyone on the niner roster, but he absolutely has to become a more steady safety for our D.......Facts..........Go niners!

How about you just dont go into the thread?
anal
Originally posted by RonMexico:
anal

QFT
Originally posted by joey82:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
anal

QFT

(Quoted for Truth) He just wrote it that way to sound pro.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Fire his ass again!

Lets do it...

The official Niner Talk:

"Should we call Nowin up and remind him he's been fired?" thread.
[ Edited by Blitz on Aug 25, 2010 at 6:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone