There are 135 users in the forums

Is Nedney's job at risk?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
To be perfectly honest, although it sucks that he shanked one, he's still a relatively consistent kicker. No idea if he can still have a decent percentage at 45+, but consistent kickers are hard to find.

We all remember Jose Cortez.
A Field GoaL Kicker should be the least of the concern for the Niners organization right now!
It seems like he's losing power. All his kickofs are landing near the 10 yard line.
I hope not, Nedney is the only person on the team that consistently performs well.
Originally posted by rawdel:
It seems like he's losing power. All his kickofs are landing near the 10 yard line.

yeah sure looked that way when his 50 yarder in the swirling winds of Candlestick was sailing through the uprights....
Originally posted by jreff22:

Is that the Pomplamoose chick with make-up and a better hairstyle?
  • JDog
  • Veteran
My only concern would be that he does kick, kick offs out bounds occasionally setting up bad field position.
I say we look hard for a new kicker now. If a great one pops up we nab him and cut Nedeny. Joe is old now and it is better to get a great kicker of the future now than, when its to late and her having a kicking carousal.
Originally posted by JDog:
My only concern would be that he does kick, kick offs out bounds occasionally setting up bad field position.

I don't recall it being a consistent problem.

-9fA

Didnt we sighn a kicker to the practice squad that has a huge leg?
It's a situation worth watching...if his condition worsens, which is likely as opposed to it not, then a guy like Jeff Reed would be a good candidate to sign next season. I think he proved he's still got it in his fairly brief stint this past season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Didnt we sighn a kicker to the practice squad that has a huge third leg?

Fixed
Who cares hes a kicker.
If Nedney's job is at risk, why not bring Jeff Reed back. He did a pretty decent job filling in for Nedney. Reed has a better FG percentage overall, 82% to 77% than Rackers.
[ Edited by faithful49erfan on Jan 24, 2011 at 3:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone