Whats up with Josh Morgan!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Looks like he has the same number of pre season catches as Crabs

I say cut both of em
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Where has he been during the last 2 games? Actually, where has he been for the past year!? The dude has been a major disapointment after his rookie season. We thoght we were gonna see big things from him. Whats going on!?

6th round pick who became a starter in his 2nd year? Yeah, epic failure. Do you listen to yourself talk?

Not even talking about Morgan....but you can still be a failure even if you are a late pick.

Example.
Player picked late.
Surprises everyone and shows flashes of greatness.
Ultimately ends up back in the depth chart, and leaves the NFL with typical 6th rounder career stats

That player would largely be considered a dissapointment. Once you have a promising season......you build up hope....and if you dash that hope...fans will always be dissapointed...regardless of where that player was drafted
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Love that movie!

Girl at Party: "Dude, you can't start a slow clap at any time and expect everyone to join in. You have to wait for the right moment."
You guys need to see the difference between how Morgan is being used by Raye as opposed to how Martz used him. If you don't know what I'm referring to, just take a look at the stats and look at YPC minus YAC. Basically, he was getting the ball over 10 yards downfield under Martz, but he's getting the ball barely 5 yards downfield on average under Raye.

What that tells us is that he's mostly getting the ball now only on designed YAC plays (quick outs and screens) or as the checkdown receiver (last option). He rarely ever gets the ball otherwise because he's simply not that good at getting open...the only reason he got the ball downfield under Martz is because that's what Martz's offense is designed to do, get people open deep (while getting the QB killed ).

So if Morgan isn't getting the ball, it simply means we're not running plays for him (not his fault), and Alex isn't checking down (this is good because other guys are getting open).
Where has he ever been? Josh Morgan has NEVER been good! He had one good preseason game against the Packers years ago and everybody on the WZ thinks he is a superstar. But he is not.

team knows what they have in Morgan.

Have been trying to work the other receivers fighting for roster spots to help them make their decisions.

not a big deal.
That's it. He's going to Seattle.
Mac's boy

Morgan's a decent receiver. He's a good possession receiver.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Where has he been during the last 2 games? Actually, where has he been for the past year!? The dude has been a major disapointment after his rookie season. We thoght we were gonna see big things from him. Whats going on!?

Not a problem at all. The coaching staff told him to be discreet in his route running. Don't want to give away are secrets on our greatest weapons in preseason
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 24, 2010 at 2:57 PM ]
Can we put to bed all the start Ginn over Morgan, start Ziegler over Morgan threads and just give props to Morgan for being our most consistent wide receiver so far? I can't believe some people still hate this guy even though he is a 6th round pick.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Can we put to bed all the start Ginn over Morgan, start Ziegler over Morgan threads and just give props to Morgan for being our most consistent wide receiver so far? I can't believe some people still hate this guy even though he is a 6th round pick.

agreed. He's solid and is a good No. 2.

Although, i really would like to see him get open more consistently. Hell, the entire team needs to play consistently. (Well, inconsistent is still a step beyond consistently bad, i suppose.)
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

agreed. He's solid and is a good No. 2.

Although, i really would like to see him get open more consistently. Hell, the entire team needs to play consistently. (Well, inconsistent is still a step beyond consistently bad, i suppose.)

Yeah he's a good no.2 but with that said I'm still waiting for our no.1 receiver to show up
Share 49ersWebzone