LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 196 users in the forums

Can you see Zeigler becoming our #2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hes doing well enough to be the 6th receiver no more. I still think Jason Hill is much better receiver than whats been going on this preseason. Oh well if Zeigler or Hill are released, if I were them I would try and hit up Chicago for a job. They seem to be a lot more comfortable in Martz' offense.

For the life of me I don't understand the "man love" for Jason Hill. Exactly what has he done in his years with the 49ers. Don't give me the "he doesn't get any opportunties". Maybe he doesn't get them because he hasn't earned them.

I would rather have Ziegler on the team, than Jason Hill. Let Hill go stink it up in Chicago, I don't care.

The thing is he's made the most of them when he does get the opportunity. Dude tends to make plays when he gets in the game. And I'm talking regular season games.
Originally posted by superman49er:
can i make a motion that absurd preseason overhype threads be banned...this is one of the most ridiculous

Seconded and Aye.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Getting to #2 would be a huge leap, potentially, but unlikely, only because sing is enamored of Morgan's blocking ability. I can see placing value on toughness/strength, but Sing seems to let that cloud his vision. I believe, and have for the past couple of years, that Ziggy deserves a real shot at the #3, if not the #2 slot. He's shown more (except in blocking) than both Hill and Morgan, but certainly the underachieving Josh, who has never lived up to that rookie year promise. And Ginn is a one trick pony: speed. He should be a returner and #4. I just don't get the love affair with Morgan. To me, he's like a bikini dancer; lots of tease, but no payoff. Just MHO.

It frustrates me knowing that this is likely true. A WR being a good blocker should not be the lone quality that makes him the #2. Today's NFL is about having weapons on offense and moving the ball through the air. I agree with Singletary when he says you need to be able to run the ball if you want to win, but you need to be able to throw the ball as well. Zeig is the man as a pass catching WR and I want him on the field!
Hes doing well enough to be the 6th receiver no more. I still think Jason Hill is much better receiver than whats been going on this preseason. Oh well if Zeigler or Hill are released, if I were them I would try and hit up Chicago for a job. They seem to be a lot more comfortable in Martz' offense.

For the life of me I don't understand the "man love" for Jason Hill. Exactly what has he done in his years with the 49ers. Don't give me the "he doesn't get any opportunties". Maybe he doesn't get them because he hasn't earned them.

I would rather have Ziegler on the team, than Jason Hill. Let Hill go stink it up in Chicago, I don't care.

When he finally got on the field against the Titans last year, he scored 2 TDs in limited opportunities. He also helped convert a huge third and long. Out of all the WRs on the roster, Jason Hill has been the best on third down conversions.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by modninerfan:
absolutely not
Cut Zeigler and resign Marcus Maxwell.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Chicago has a lot better receivers than us, so I doubt they're in need. But I do agree on Hill. I prefer him over Morgan as well, but all accounts make it seem as if he is on his way out. My money says he ends up on the Hawks if he gets cut.

put down the pipe, crab is a lot better than their top 2 combined!!!! i think you may need to retract your statement....or were you just kidding?

I said a couple posts down that Crabtree is better than anyone on their squad, but the rest of their WRs were better than ours. And I stand by that. If people doubt that, they should check the tape. Knox is going to be a good player this year, Hester has already proven himself and is improving with each passing season, and Aromashadu did a lot of damage at the end of last season. In their OT win over Minnesota, he put up a better game than any 49er receiver on our roster EVER has.
Hill keeps dropping passes in practice
If you don't make catches in practice, how can they trust you to make them on game day.
This isn't basketball, you won't get 20 to 30 chances at making the play.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Where will Kyle Williams fit into the lineup once he returns? Seems to me like he'd be the perfect #3. He's quick and apparently has decent hands.

Wiliams could be good. I think there is too much talent and experience in front of him for this year.

Hill showed a lot of potential in 2008, there were a few times he was mistaken for Isaac Bruce. But I think its his inconsistency in practice that gets him in the dog house, which is probably why Zeigler has past him up.

Yeah I thought Hill showed a lot in 2008 but I also think that there's something that the coaches know that we don't that has been keeping him off the field. We've really never heard about him having a good-decent training camp or about his work ethic etc.

To answer the OP, no.

-9fA

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Hill showed a lot of potential in 2008, there were a few times he was mistaken for Isaac Bruce. But I think its his inconsistency in practice that gets him in the dog house, which is probably why Zeigler has past him up.

Yeah I thought Hill showed a lot in 2008 but I also think that there's something that the coaches know that we don't that has been keeping him off the field. We've really never heard about him having a good-decent training camp or about his work ethic etc.

To answer the OP, no.

-9fA

Hill scored 2 TDs when he finally got a chance to play last season. Then they sent him back to the bench. Whatever they know, doesn't seem to be consistent with reality.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

When he finally got on the field against the Titans last year, he scored 2 TDs in limited opportunities. He also helped convert a huge third and long. Out of all the WRs on the roster, Jason Hill has been the best on third down conversions.

When he finally got the start against the Redskins in 08', he was a BIG part of winning that game too. With a TD and a number of big 1st downs (one rushing) as well.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Zeigler is an ideal slot receiver ala Arnaz Battle. Sure hands and an ability to absorb punishment. He's a perfect 3rd down option along with VD.

What in the world gives you that idea?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
If you don't make catches in practice, how can they trust you to make them on game day.

They seem to want to trot Ginn out there as a receiver...
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by solidg2000:

They seem to want to trot Ginn out there as a receiver...

P.S. I haven't read that Hill "keeps dropping passes in practice" anywhere.
Share 49ersWebzone