There are 154 users in the forums

Can you see Zeigler becoming our #2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Zeigler is an ideal slot receiver ala Arnaz Battle. Sure hands and an ability to absorb punishment. He's a perfect 3rd down option along with VD.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hes doing well enough to be the 6th receiver no more. I still think Jason Hill is much better receiver than whats been going on this preseason. Oh well if Zeigler or Hill are released, if I were them I would try and hit up Chicago for a job. They seem to be a lot more comfortable in Martz' offense.

Chicago has a lot better receivers than us, so I doubt they're in need. But I do agree on Hill. I prefer him over Morgan as well, but all accounts make it seem as if he is on his way out. My money says he ends up on the Hawks if he gets cut.

I hope you're not serious...

Why? I can't be honest. Knox, Hester, Aromashadu, Bennett... they can all play. I'd take Crabtree over all of them, but as a unit, I'd take their guys over ours.

You can be honest, but that is erroneous on all accounts! Knox & Hester are situational receivers. Aromashadu has potential to be a good wr but he isn't there yet, Bennett is a solid #2 or #3 at best. Since its Chicago you gotta throw in Olsen too who both Walker and VD are both better than. Crabs only played 11 games and ended up only 120 yards behind their top WR who played all 16. They also had Cutler compared to our split of Hill and Smith. I would choose our Core any day of the week. More potential and more consistency.
Hes doing well enough to be the 6th receiver no more. I still think Jason Hill is much better receiver than whats been going on this preseason. Oh well if Zeigler or Hill are released, if I were them I would try and hit up Chicago for a job. They seem to be a lot more comfortable in Martz' offense.

For the life of me I don't understand the "man love" for Jason Hill. Exactly what has he done in his years with the 49ers. Don't give me the "he doesn't get any opportunties". Maybe he doesn't get them because he hasn't earned them.

I would rather have Ziegler on the team, than Jason Hill. Let Hill go stink it up in Chicago, I don't care.
Where will Kyle Williams fit into the lineup once he returns? Seems to me like he'd be the perfect #3. He's quick and apparently has decent hands.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Where will Kyle Williams fit into the lineup once he returns? Seems to me like he'd be the perfect #3. He's quick and apparently has decent hands.

Wasn't he targeted as a PR-KR type??? Haven't really seen the kid play...

Originally posted by kidash:

he should definitely be our return man from what we saw against the Colts. But figured he'd also be serviceable as a WR.

the season will start off with him mainly on PR duties but as the season goes along i think he starts getting into the games as the number 3

Chicago has a lot better receivers than us, so I doubt they're in need. But I do agree on Hill. I prefer him over Morgan as well, but all accounts make it seem as if he is on his way out. My money says he ends up on the Hawks if he gets cut.

put down the pipe, crab is a lot better than their top 2 combined!!!! i think you may need to retract your statement....or were you just kidding?
Originally posted by kidash:

he should definitely be our return man from what we saw against the Colts. But figured he'd also be serviceable as a WR.

I want to see him play the position before anything... You're right on his capabilities as a return man...

can i make a motion that absurd preseason overhype threads be banned...this is one of the most ridiculous

Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Zeigler is an ideal slot receiver ala Arnaz Battle. Sure hands and an ability to absorb punishment. He's a perfect 3rd down option along with VD.

I agree with this. Zeigler should definately be sharing that #3 role with Ginn, depending on down and distance.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I hope you're not serious...

Why? I can't be honest. Knox, Hester, Aromashadu, Bennett... they can all play. I'd take Crabtree over all of them, but as a unit, I'd take their guys over ours.

it's about to topple left.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

For the life of me I don't understand the "man love" for Jason Hill. Exactly what has he done in his years with the 49ers. Don't give me the "he doesn't get any opportunties". Maybe he doesn't get them because he hasn't earned them.

I would rather have Ziegler on the team, than Jason Hill. Let Hill go stink it up in Chicago, I don't care.

Hill showed a lot of potential in 2008, there were a few times he was mistaken for Isaac Bruce. But I think its his inconsistency in practice that gets him in the dog house, which is probably why Zeigler has past him up.
Anyway, I'm high on Zeigler, and up and down with Morgan - mostly because of his inconsistency. What do you guys think, is there any chance Ziggy passes Morgan on the depth chart? I'm interested in hearing other fans' feedback.

I still have a hard time with the idea that he'd make the team if there are only 5 WRs on the opening day roster. So, NO.
Share 49ersWebzone