LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

What's Wrong With The Running Game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
51 yds and a td from a rookie isnt bad......gore would make the viking front seven look silly.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Gore didn't play

The NIners were ranked 25th in the NFL in rushing. I think Gore played in all but two games last year.
Originally posted by stevenking57:
Gore didn't play

The NIners were ranked 25th in the NFL in rushing. I think Gore played in all but two games last year.

Singletary ‘disappointed’ in 49ers’ inability to run against Vikings
This thread should commit suicide.

Two rookies on the O-line, a new center and a rookie running back going up against one of the best, if not THE best, D-lines in football in a PRESEASON game, where the play calling is going to be a little on the bland side as not to show opposing defenses too much, and you're seriously asking what's wrong with our run game?

Hilarious.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Alex Smith is not handing off the ball like a #1 overall pick should be handing it off.

Dude, it's Smith's fault!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kneel_B4_ZOD:
Gore didn't play

Singletary ‘disappointed’ in 49ers’ inability to run against Vikings

Gore didn't play

I think even the most pessimistic fans have to believe we'll finish in the top half this year in running. Iupati, Baas and Davis are going to make a major difference.
I'm gonna have to agree with the above post and re-iterate what most people were saying.

A) Gore not playing hurts our team preseason and regular season. He is the focal point of our offense. This team lives and dies with Frank Gore.
B) It's preseason; our rookie RB was playing to get reps and experience against a legitimate defense and more importantly, to learn blitz pickup in-game.
C) We have to wait until a couple of games into the regular season to really asses all facets of our team. To worry now is a waste of energy.
Play calling, same boring predictable man blocking between the tackles BS from last season. Singltary seems to think running equals boring! Saw this coming on draft day, unable to take blame for ridiculously simple "JV" running schemes that doomed us last year, Sing blamed the players. This is evidenced by the picks of Iupati, Davis, and Dixon.

71% of last seasons running plays were man blocking A-gap blasts, boring, predictable, but physical with an F! I expect more of the same.

Originally posted by Kneel_B4_ZOD:

Two rookies on the O-line, a new center and a rookie running back going up against one of the best, if not THE best, D-lines in football in a PRESEASON game, where the play calling is going to be a little on the bland side as not to show opposing defenses too much, and you're seriously asking what's wrong with our run game?

Hilarious.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm gonna have to agree with the above post and re-iterate what most people were saying.

A) Gore not playing hurts our team preseason and regular season. He is the focal point of our offense. This team lives and dies with Frank Gore.
B) It's preseason; our rookie RB was playing to get reps and experience against a legitimate defense and more importantly, to learn blitz pickup in-game.
C) We have to wait until a couple of games into the regular season to really asses all facets of our team. To worry now is a waste of energy.

I agree that Gore is still the center-piece of our offense, but I really believe that it now lives and dies with Alex Smith. I say that because I think it is Alex Smith who will determine just how good of a team we are this year, are we the winner of an easy division, or a Superbowl contender? That difference will be determined in Smith's play.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

I agree that Gore is still the center-piece of our offense, but I really believe that it now lives and dies with Alex Smith. I say that because I think it is Alex Smith who will determine just how good of a team we are this year, are we the winner of an easy division, or a Superbowl contender? That difference will be determined in Smith's play.

Kilgore, How's Billy Pilgrim doing?
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Kilgore, How's Billy Pilgrim doing?

If I ever get banned, you might find out. =)
Obama
Share 49ersWebzone