There are 222 users in the forums

I know its very early but.........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have been VERY impressed with the Niner rookies so far. Obviously Anthony Davis has struggled some and OT is extremely difficult to play. However, I still think he will be fine. I think Iupati and Bowman have what it takes to be stars in this league.

What I am most excited about is the play of our 3 6th rounders and our 7th rounder. In my opinion, Williams, Dixon, Byham, and Adams will all make the roster and contribute right away.

Williams: I think he will get time in the slot and be our #1 punt returner

Dixon: Even with Westbook coming here I think Dixon will get plenty of playing time

Byham: Very impressed with his offensive skills so far but will see lots of time as blocking TE

Adams: Who would have thought that a 7th round pick could possibly play this well so far. Maybe he even gets into nickle or dime package???

Again, its early but this has the potential to be the most complete and deep Draft class in many a year.

Couldn't agree more I think were about to be on the brink of something like we haven't had in years. If all goes well were gonna be good not just for this year but many years to come. I think our patience of rebuilding the long way (thru the draft) is about to payoff. Even the question marks that might need to be answered after this year are already on the team Spikes/ Bowman/ Glodson/Smith Lewis/Mays Lawson/Briggs Franklin/RJF. It is still early but I agree these guys have shown they can play in this league pre season or not.
[ Edited by sean610 on Aug 23, 2010 at 5:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Absolutely. We can't thank Scotty M. for resigning enough.
It's early, but this be viewed as a historically great 49er great draft.

I wanted Dez Bryant over Iupati, but the line was such a weakness I don't see how you can fault the pick. I also think both Mays and Bowman will be viewed as steals. And yeah, the late round guys all look like players too.
I completely agree. This draft is looking very promising top to bottom. I'm excited about all of them, but the ones that really get me pumped are Bowman and Williams.

Bowman still needs coaching but, by the time Spikes hangs 'em up, I think he will be an unbelievable compliment to Willis. The 2 of them are going to be a NIGHTMARE for offenses for years to come.

As for Williams, its very early and it may be a while before he has the necessary route running to make significant contributions as a receiver, but he is quicker and more explosive than any Niner I have seen with pads on in a long while. He played fast and fearless. Kid's got stones. I hope he gets that toe well and gets coached up because he could be a real asset.
i like how the rookies have looked too but lets not get ahead of ourselves. the success of a draft class isn't measured after 2 pre-season games, or even after 1 season. it takes at least 3 seasons to give a true grade on a draft. right now it looks pretty good from top to bottom, but only time will tell if baalke made decent picks or not.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
ninerjohn...your actually not posting in the giants thread,

am i in an alternate universe?

LOL. I love my Niners. I just dont post much in NinerTalk during the summer months and focus on the Giants.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
i like how the rookies have looked too but lets not get ahead of ourselves. the success of a draft class isn't measured after 2 pre-season games, or even after 1 season. it takes at least 3 seasons to give a true grade on a draft. right now it looks pretty good from top to bottom, but only time will tell if baalke made decent picks or not.

which is why the thread is titled.... "i know its very early". The only point was that initial play of the lower round rooks has been very promising and that so far the draft looks better than our recent drafts.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

which is why the thread is titled.... "i know its very early". The only point was that initial play of the lower round rooks has been very promising and that so far the draft looks better than our recent drafts.

I like the way you think. If the rookies continue to develop, this class could net the Niners SIX starters. That would be phenomenal.
Share 49ersWebzone