LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

I know its very early but.........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have been VERY impressed with the Niner rookies so far. Obviously Anthony Davis has struggled some and OT is extremely difficult to play. However, I still think he will be fine. I think Iupati and Bowman have what it takes to be stars in this league.

What I am most excited about is the play of our 3 6th rounders and our 7th rounder. In my opinion, Williams, Dixon, Byham, and Adams will all make the roster and contribute right away.

Williams: I think he will get time in the slot and be our #1 punt returner

Dixon: Even with Westbook coming here I think Dixon will get plenty of playing time

Byham: Very impressed with his offensive skills so far but will see lots of time as blocking TE

Adams: Who would have thought that a 7th round pick could possibly play this well so far. Maybe he even gets into nickle or dime package???

Again, its early but this has the potential to be the most complete and deep Draft class in many a year.
Absolutely. We can't thank Scotty M. for resigning enough.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Especially because he is already helping to sabotage the seahawks. See: Balmer, and Jones. Hahaha!
all hail Trent Balkke
  • flow
  • Veteran
I agree with you. A draft should be judged on how well you do, top to bottom. So far, these late rounders are looking like very good value. I'd never heard of Philip Adams prior to the draft, but based on what I saw yesterday, the kid may be our 4th best corner in camp right now. And I never expected Nate Byham to have the receiving skills he's shown so far. That's a bonus. I'm excited about Kyle Williams, but concerned that his toe injury might keep him out a lot longer than forecast. That kind of injury is tough for a WR, who has to start, stop, and change direction a lot.
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
I agree with you. A draft should be judged on how well you do, top to bottom. So far, these late rounders are looking like very good value. I'd never heard of Philip Adams prior to the draft, but based on what I saw yesterday, the kid may be our 4th best corner in camp right now. And I never expected Nate Byham to have the receiving skills he's shown so far. That's a bonus. I'm excited about Kyle Williams, but concerned that his toe injury might keep him out a lot longer than forecast. That kind of injury is tough for a WR, who has to start, stop, and change direction a lot.

For a lot of rookies, it takes time to get their bodies prepared for the NFL. We can already tell Williams is going to be a player when that time comes, and it shouldn't be too far down the road, even if the injury lasts a couple weeks longer.
ninerjohn...your actually not posting in the giants thread,

am i in an alternate universe?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
ninerjohn...your actually not posting in the giants thread,

am i in an alternate universe?

• Axl49
  • Veteran
2 words La Boy lol

Originally posted by global_nomad:
all hail Trent Balkke
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Every single rook may make this team which was already the deepest the Niners had in many years. That is very exciting.
Originally posted by Axl49:
2 words La Boy lol

Yesterday, he was LaMan!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
2 words La Boy lol

Yesterday, he was LaMan!

so was Briggs!!!

2 words La Boy lol

was very impressive!
Share 49ersWebzone