LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Davis Just Aint REady......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Emoticons... cute.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
its safe to say nate will be ready sooner than alex, 6th season and counting...
Originally posted by rob28:

Huh, how so? Alex is the starter and that means he is ready and as ready as hes gonna get, Nate is not the starter, not even the backup and therefore not ready.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Actually Alex was ready at the start of his second season. He played every snap that year for a team that overachieved and did a decent job. His 3rd and 4th seasons were wiped away by his shoulder injury. He played (and showed he was ready) fairly well last season after a two year layoff. So unless Davis is ready to take every snap this season right now he is already behind where Smith was at the same point in their careers.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Actually Alex was ready at the start of his second season. He played every snap that year for a team that overachieved and did a decent job. His 3rd and 4th seasons were wiped away by his shoulder injury. He played (and showed he was ready) fairly well last season after a two year layoff. So unless Davis is ready to take every snap this season right now he is already behind where Smith was at the same point in their careers.

This

I feel like I've seen this before under Webster's definition of "getting served"
Originally posted by 5280High:

I feel like I've seen this before under Webster's definition of "getting served"
[ Edited by DRZG9er on Aug 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by DRZG9er:

[URL=http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1020470/jackass-3d-high-five.html][/URL] [URL=http://www.gifsoup.com/]GIFSoup[/URL]

fail
Originally posted by jreff22:

[URL=http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1020470/jackass-3d-high-five.html][/URL] [URL=http://www.gifsoup.com/]GIFSoup[/URL]

fail

sorry that I don't spend hours on end posting on forums, but that doesn't make what he said any less true. It appears that you have a problem with it hence your need to find something wrong with it.

Originally posted by jreff22:

fail

sorry that I don't spend hours on end posting on forums, but that doesn't make what he said any less true. It appears that you have a problem with it hence your need to find something wrong with it.

fail again
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
what the fuk is this shyt?
I don't think anyone on this thread really knows what goes on behind the scenes. He might not be taken the behind the scenes work seriously, who knows. He does have talent though. If he's not ready by next year to push the starter or be a solid back up then I'm worried.
Originally posted by cNiner:
what is with the Nate Davis bashing !

he did in one or half a game more than Alex did in 7 years 65 bomb !

yes mybe he is not ready whos fault the coaches sing is the HC it's his fault. you learn on the field not in practice !

he hit every open WR , go back and see how many drops , yes he needs to know where he is on the field and where is the first down is but that comes with the more playeing time .

Saying Nate Davis isn't ready is bashing him??

However you want to perceive it this is fact.He's got a ton of potential but is not ready to be a starter,as evidenced Sunday against the 2nd/3rd/4th stringers.
But I was excited to see him on the field playing for a whole half,weren't you
Mr.fan?

As for your statement in bold-very intellectual

Go Niners
The Nate Davis issue is a little strange to me. 1st the org says he's going to get "meaningful" snaps. After he gets them and looks pretty good, not great. He gets ripped by Sing. I'm going to asume this is a Sing motivational tool. Nothing more and nothing less. The whole press thing just seemed a little orchestrated to me.

the org had no idea Davis didn't work hard enough in the offseason?
It took 1 half of preseason ball to figure that out?

The org knew he didn't work hard enough in the offseason, yet gave him a bunch of "meaningful snaps anyway? Only to rip him after the game?

Mind games from the org/Sing? Am I reading into this too much?

Huh.
Share 49ersWebzone