Davis Just Aint REady......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by WildBill:
You can't take what Sing says at face value, for that matter a majority of coaches. Look at what he said about the punt returner. According to the article by PB, sing thought he did alright. Alright?! This after a muff, a fair catch at the 3, no big returns on the others....

As I have said let us see what Alex has and give him a chance, no need to rush Davis, but to all the Smith homers, Davis has talent, more than Smith, you can't deny it. Smith has been in the NFL longer than Davis and has been given more leeway, because he was a former overall #1. I'd sure hate for Davis to leave us and someone like Sean Peyton, Shanahan, Holmgren gets ahold of him and proves that our team just don't know how train and coach a QB. Look at Walsh and Steve Young, Walsh took a wild stallion and turned him into thuroughbred.

But for people to say they haven't seen a PUMP FAKE in awhile are freak'n hilarious. We're talk'n about a PUMP FAKE, wow. Oh and when was a 50+ yard pass not considered a BOMB. I like our QB situation but the guys that root for someone over the other really need to check themselves.

Look. I was really trying to dimplomatic with you. But since you have gone there allow me to join you. Youi are makin shuff up as Smith did not pump fake anyone on the that throw that you can actually see. He faked no one out! NOthing about that suggested that he was ggoing to throw the ball. Moroever the official stat on that pass was Michael Crabtree 38 yd pass from Alex Smith; yes the pass was longer than that but a bomb typically begins on the oppents side of the field. The official pass that N.Davis pass deep right to 19-T.Ginn pushed ob at MIN 29 for 60 yards after escaping a sack. Bottom line; you need to check yourself before telling me to check myself as YOU are the one searching for something that is not that there.

Ok my bad, we have the next Peyton Manning/John Elway as our 3rd string QB. If you watched the game live or if there was better footage of the play you could clearly see Smith's head pointed towards the middle of the field when he did that little pump fake. If he had his head pointed towards Crabtree the whole time the safety would've been closer to help the CB. Understand how it works now? The safety was over the top of Vernon so for you to say no one was fooled, tells me you don't no much about football. So it really makes sense now, how you were all hyped about Nate Davis being compared to some elite qbs. I know what I saw and I also know that Nate Davis is no Peyton Manning or John Elway (at least not yet).

No one said that he was Peyton or John and this is a classic example of using faulty logic. You are trying to be sarcastic in a way to minimize a professional NFL broadcaster and ex NFL player's observation. Now, I don't understand football when you state that the safety was covering Vernon in the middle of the field and faked him out to throw a pass to Crabtree in the corner? Hmmmm. OK; if you say so. All I know is that Alex flexed his arm and it did not appear to make anyone adjust. Nate flexed his shoulders in a passing motion and according to the announcer he made the saftey adjust and that the fake reminded him of Peyton. Moreover, Davis also used the pump fake in the game before to cause a line man to jump so that he could roll out of the pocket and complete a pass. It seems as though it is more apart of his natural instincts. But hey, maybe it is not and he simply picked it up from Alex, huh?

Ok here's a better angle of the play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ReX-EafrhU

Now tell me that wasn't a pump fake.

Main..How could I miss that!!!!! LOL
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Comparing Nate Davis to Joe Montana in any way other than that they both were quarterbacks waering niner uniforms is seriously jumping the gun. I do not recall ever one time hearing that Joe had a problem learning the playbook, that he had any issues with his work ethic, that he threw the play out the window as soon as the pressure came. What I am hearing now is that it is okay for Davis to do things that Smith gets crucified for, not only that but if he throws a 60 yard bomb then he is comparable to Montana. You people need to get a grip on your imaginations and realize the kid has the raw physical talent, but little else. Luckily for us, we have the luxury of taking the time to train him to use that God-given talent to play like a NFL qb instead of a street baller, now if he only gets the message that Coach is sending.

i just hope one day we can agree.....

I just hope one day you will get banned.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
Comparing Nate Davis to Joe Montana in any way other than that they both were quarterbacks waering niner uniforms is seriously jumping the gun. I do not recall ever one time hearing that Joe had a problem learning the playbook, that he had any issues with his work ethic, that he threw the play out the window as soon as the pressure came. What I am hearing now is that it is okay for Davis to do things that Smith gets crucified for, not only that but if he throws a 60 yard bomb then he is comparable to Montana. You people need to get a grip on your imaginations and realize the kid has the raw physical talent, but little else. Luckily for us, we have the luxury of taking the time to train him to use that God-given talent to play like a NFL qb instead of a street baller, now if he only gets the message that Coach is sending.

i just hope one day we can agree.....

I just hope one day you will get banned.

Share 49ersWebzone