LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Davis' inconsistency disapoints Singletary Article....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Chris Collinsworth coulnd't get enough of Nate Davis. He kept saying good things about him. Why was Singletary so disapointed with Davis?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Chris Collinsworth coulnd't get enough of Nate Davis. He kept saying good things about him. Why was Singletary so disapointed with Davis?

collinsworth was not on the field and in the huddle and didnt know what plays we were running apart from his stats (were ok nothing special) he has no right to judge davis
was another Nate Davis thread really necessary?

And perhaps Singletary knows what Davis was really suppose to be doing and Davis wasn't doing it. Perhaps he has high expectations for Davis.
I think Singletary see's Davis' potential but knows he relies on his natural ability way to much. If Davis put in the work during the off season he could be great, Sing is calling Davis out to try and motivate him.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
was another Nate Davis thread really necessary?

And perhaps Singletary knows what Davis was really suppose to be doing and Davis wasn't doing it. Perhaps he has high expectations for Davis.

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er4life:
I think Singletary see's Davis' potential but knows he relies on his natural ability way to much. If Davis put in the work during the off season he could be great, Sing is calling Davis out to try and motivate him.

This is a great point and fits right in with Sing's motivational mentality he thrives on. He's not trying to hate on the kid, but to prepare him for greater things to come, which is totally all up to Davis.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:

This is a great point and fits right in with Sing's motivational mentality he thrives on. He's not trying to hate on the kid, but to prepare him for greater things to come, which is totally all up to Davis.

Who's that QB that used to play on the Falcons back in the 90's who had a crazy canon and then he bounced around the league for a few years after his Falcon's gig I think he also played on the raiders. Name's on the tip of my tongue. He comes to mind here. Lacked work ethic.
That was Collinsworth's first time seeing him play probably. We have all seen him do good in presesason, so Sing and niner fans weren't really surprised. He was really inconsistent and needs a few more years of grooming possibly.

Originally posted by TDilvr:

Who's that QB that used to play on the Falcons back in the 90's who had a crazy canon and then he bounced around the league for a few years after his Falcon's gig I think he also played on the raiders. Name's on the tip of my tongue. He comes to mind here. Lacked work ethic.

Jeff George, that's it.
Originally posted by sacniner:
That was Collinsworth's first time seeing him play probably. We have all seen him do good in presesason, so Sing and niner fans weren't really surprised. He was really inconsistent and needs a few more years of grooming possibly.

A few more years of grooming?? Are you joking. The kid has been playing the scout defense team. He merely needs more reps and he will be fine. A few more years WOW. I think he needs an opportunity to play. It will come to him for sure. The talent is there.
Originally posted by TDilvr:

Jeff George?
If Sing had really given up on Davis he wouldn't have wasted air complaining about Davis to the media. He's not like that. Remember Balmer? He didn't want to say anything about Balmer, yet he seems so open to complaining about Davis' dedication.

I still remember how he called out VD his first game as coach. Vernon turned himself around soon after.

"When you’re screwing up and nobody’s saying anything anymore, that means they gave up." I heard this quote, don't know how common it is but I think it sums up the situation quite well.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by sacniner:

A few more years of grooming?? Are you joking. The kid has been playing the scout defense team. He merely needs more reps and he will be fine. A few more years WOW. I think he needs an opportunity to play. It will come to him for sure. The talent is there.

First he needs to give his coaches the confidence that when they send him in there, he can call the correct plays.
Share 49ersWebzone